"I Was Stealing Your Images And You Took Them Down?"
Jun 30, 2009 at 12:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

flashnolan

500+ Head-Fier
The original article is here:

If you read the original article he sent several emails threatening to sue. Who would have thought that having images you own, took yourself, and did not give permission for this guy to steal could put him on such "shaky legal ground". lol

Jun 30, 2009 at 1:22 PM Post #3 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by buddhashenglong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That reminds me of a time that someone tried to sell me a mixtape with one of my songs on it.

Do you make your own music? What did you end up doing?

Jun 30, 2009 at 2:15 PM Post #7 of 18
This conversation is as old as the Internet; it just keeps getting photoshopped into more modern versions (such as this "GMail" incarnation). Still mildly amusing.

Jun 30, 2009 at 2:16 PM Post #8 of 18
LOL, this guy seriously needs to rewire his brain. It is like theft got caught in action want to sue police for not allow him to steal, real classic
biggrin.gif

Jun 30, 2009 at 2:18 PM Post #9 of 18
Ask him for a percentage of his benefit then. If he is using your material to win money and he wants your pictures (he has been using for free), then at least ask him for something back.

You can also ignore him and if he starts spamming block him from your list.

EDIT: Oh well, read the whole story in the link. Happy to see he stopped writing you mails...

Jun 30, 2009 at 3:14 PM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arainach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This conversation is as old as the Internet; it just keeps getting photoshopped into more modern versions (such as this "GMail" incarnation). Still mildly amusing.

I did a search on headfi to make sure no one had posted it before. I didn't find anything. Also, on the blog from the original link he posted it this year so it sounded recent. When/where did you hear this before?

Jun 30, 2009 at 9:49 PM Post #13 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This issue turns up pretty often in various forms. My favorite is the guy who gave the gift of Goatse to Myspace.

I hate that guy.

Jun 30, 2009 at 9:55 PM Post #14 of 18
I just HAD to know what this "Goatse" was some time ago when I saw it mentioned somewhere.

If you're reading this and are wondering too....DON'T DO IT. You were warned.

Jun 30, 2009 at 10:41 PM Post #15 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3DCadman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just HAD to know what this "Goatse" was some time ago when I saw it mentioned somewhere.

If you're reading this and are wondering too....DON'T DO IT. You were warned.

Heh heh. You know you're just piquing peoples interest now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back