I was hungry...
May 29, 2009 at 6:59 PM Post #16 of 33
MOD EDIT: REFERENCE TO PREVIOUSLY POSTED OBSCENITY REMOVED. Response- I should have been more responsible. Sorry to take your time to have to edit.

Marinated octo tentacles and Conch is great. Octopus tentacles in an Italian dressing and Conch in a bbq sauce. I also like calamari done in Japanese breadcrumbs.

Milk, calamari is squid.

May 29, 2009 at 8:49 PM Post #17 of 33
Thank good I have just eaten!
tongue.gif

No 'Lutefisk', 'Smalahove', ...

May 29, 2009 at 10:00 PM Post #19 of 33
Balut is good
biggrin.gif

May 29, 2009 at 10:21 PM Post #20 of 33
What possesses people to eat rotted soybeans and fish sperm?
There are so many normal things you can eat, and people feel they must eat the most discusting things possible. Birds nest soup? Whats wrong with chicken noodle or chicken n rice?
I dont see the attraction.

May 29, 2009 at 11:08 PM Post #21 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_72 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No casu marzu?

How did that not make the list? I love some of the really strong cheeses I've tried but I wouldn't touch that one with a 10 ft. pole!

May 29, 2009 at 11:17 PM Post #22 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by VicAjax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what does it say about me that i've eaten 6 of the 15?

actually, one of the strangest things i've eaten isn't even on this list: sauteed duck tongues.

I've had cows tongue. They cure it and mix with jelly and then you slice it up and put on sandwiches like you would with ham. I used to like whelk sandwiches in England too , a whelk is a sea snail.

Whelk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

May 29, 2009 at 11:20 PM Post #23 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by VicAjax /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah, but the most disgusting thing about hot dogs isn't what meat parts are in the tube, but how it's processed in filthy slaughterhouses where nasty contaminants get mixed in.

with haggis, it may be strange parts, but it's generally prepped by a butcher who knows his anatomy and does clean, quality work.

Any meatplant I have worked in the slaughterhouse is kept well separate from the food processiing areas and I have worked at some of the largest.

May 29, 2009 at 11:21 PM Post #24 of 33
blech Quote:

Several food safety issues have been raised in relation to Casu marzu, including anecdotal reports of allergic reactions and the danger of consuming cheese that has advanced to a toxic state. In addition, there is some risk of enteric myaisis, or intestinal larval infection. Symptoms include nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, and bloody diarrhea.[10] Piophila casei larvae are very resistant to human stomach acid and can pass through the stomach alive, taking up residency for some period of time in the intestines and causing stomach lesions and other gastrointestinal problems.[11][12] The larvae have powerful mouthhooks which can lacerate stomach linings or intestinal walls as the maggots attempt to bore through internal organs.[1]

May 29, 2009 at 11:24 PM Post #25 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Camper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Milk, calamari is squid.

Oh, well, had it a few times and liked it. It was just the tentacles deep fried in a light batter so didn't know if it was squid or octopus.

May 29, 2009 at 11:26 PM Post #26 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by appophylite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How did that not make the list? I love some of the really strong cheeses I've tried but I wouldn't touch that one with a 10 ft. pole!

Is that the one with the maggots in it? I saw a show about it and they said it got banned by the government but they still make it anyway.

May 30, 2009 at 12:00 AM Post #28 of 33
Have had fried grass hoppers before, my grandparents eat it all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back