I was hungry...
May 29, 2009 at 5:49 PM Post #2 of 33
Eh, I'm still hungry.
biggrin.gif

May 29, 2009 at 6:03 PM Post #4 of 33
Ok, the octopus looks really good. There is something intriguing about eating an animal that is so freshly killed that it is still squirming. That has been on my list of foods to eat for a while, I just have to go to a place that serves it. If anyone knows of one in seattle let me know.

May 29, 2009 at 6:05 PM Post #5 of 33
Well, most of the asian crazy foods are *shows fist with indexfinger going up*. At least, taht is what all the men say over there.

Raw herring is very tasty and a Dutch tradition. Might try me some roasted/cooked crickets and grasshoppers soon.

May 29, 2009 at 6:09 PM Post #6 of 33
Fish eyes taste pretty good too.

I've only tried cooked octopus, but that was very good, so I wouldn't imagine raw octopus would taste horrible.

May 29, 2009 at 6:10 PM Post #7 of 33
Raw fish doesn't turn me off. Neither do bugs. I mean, lobster isn't anything more than an oversized, aquatic cockroach. That we charge insane prices for.

Fish's eyeballs on the other hand... blech.

May 29, 2009 at 6:29 PM Post #8 of 33
I've had octopus and squid, but cooked and not raw. Calamaris is my favourite way to eat octopus. It was the fish sperm that really turned me off and fish eyes look too gross too. I've had pickled herring once and found it disgusting. It was like eating very fishy tasting wax. I've had frogs legs a couple of times and those are tasty.

May 29, 2009 at 6:47 PM Post #11 of 33
What goes into a hotdog is not as bad as what goes into Haggis. I used to be a butcher long ago so am well aware of what goes into hotdogs and i still eat them on occasion but I usually buy the high quality smokies and not the cheap hotdogs.

May 29, 2009 at 6:53 PM Post #12 of 33
what does it say about me that i've eaten 6 of the 15?

actually, one of the strangest things i've eaten isn't even on this list: sauteed duck tongues.

May 29, 2009 at 6:55 PM Post #13 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkweg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What goes into a hotdog is not as bad as what goes into Haggis. I used to be a butcher long ago so am well aware of what goes into hotdogs and i still eat them on occasion but I usually buy the high quality smokies and not the cheap hotdogs.

yeah, but the most disgusting thing about hot dogs isn't what meat parts are in the tube, but how it's processed in filthy slaughterhouses where nasty contaminants get mixed in.

with haggis, it may be strange parts, but it's generally prepped by a butcher who knows his anatomy and does clean, quality work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back