I want some good looking headphones.
Jul 6, 2013 at 12:57 PM Post #31 of 171
Quote:
Try the Beyer DT990s, if you can swing an extra $30.

He'd need an amp too, unless he gets the 32 OHM version, which costs more...

Jul 6, 2013 at 6:15 PM Post #32 of 171
Quote:
He'd need an amp too, unless he gets the 32 OHM version, which costs more...

I have a portable amp but....Really I wanted a fashion headphone. My other choices were some SOUL headphones (I have soul IEMs, I like them. :p Beats (Lord help me.) or something like skullcandy. Meh. I used to get those in like 8th grade, boy was that a waste of like 500 dollars replacing them all. I appreciate sound but you know, bass sounds really great. I listen to lots of Dubstep. My Sennheisers are good enough for Rock and Metal and Alternative, Classical, etc. I use them to listen to jazz so I can tighten up my trumpet skills and get a feel for it.

I just ordered the V-Modas after tons of review videos, freq graphs etc. I don't think I'll be dissapointed.

Jul 6, 2013 at 7:26 PM Post #34 of 171
Sorry Dz, those are some ugly ass headphones. I bet they sound orgasmic with proper amplification but that's not what I needed.

Did you just call my girlfriend ugly ass??? I love the looks of the beyer range. I'd wear that any day outside vs. Beats or Soul wannabe cool headphones.

Sigh, I'll say it again. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If you need a yolo swag / thug life headphone have at it and go modify a Beats or something.

Jul 6, 2013 at 7:48 PM Post #35 of 171
Quote:
Sorry Dz, those are some ugly ass headphones. I bet they sound orgasmic with proper amplification but that's not what I needed.

Let's not go full plebeian and diss Beyerdynamic's awesome industrial look now. 
tongue.gif

Quote:
Did you just call my girlfriend ugly ass???...

HAHAHAHAHA

Jul 7, 2013 at 6:56 PM Post #37 of 171
Quote:
We all have tastes of our own. I hate the look of the beats, swagster headphones. I'm more of a sennheiser grado style guy bahaha.

Sorry about your girlfriend.

Crossfade has the same childish look as Beats, IMO.

Jul 7, 2013 at 8:47 PM Post #41 of 171
You're 16? Get them. V-moda's essentially a fashion brand and these are well designed headphones. They sound rather blah with bloated bass, but for 100 they're not too bad and you can always EQ the low end per taste. Bottom line is that they're durable and look good. Plus you won't be just another Beats wearin' teenage douché.

Jul 7, 2013 at 11:04 PM Post #42 of 171
As I said before, just get them. You won't be disappointed with the sound, and they hang quite nicely around your neck. They are small enough to fit under your jaw without any discomfort, which is more than I can say for some other headphone brands. Style is subjective, so if you like the look of them then go for it. I also think you'll be getting them for a pretty good price.

Jul 7, 2013 at 11:32 PM Post #43 of 171
Logitech UE6000 can be had used/refurbished for $100. They sounded particularly great to me and look sleek to boot. If you prefer new and don't mind on ear you could try the UE4000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back