I want some good looking headphones.
Jul 5, 2013 at 1:00 PM Post #17 of 171
How about the Aiaiai TMA-1? I just did a quick search on eBay and there are a couple available for $100.

Jul 5, 2013 at 5:37 PM Post #20 of 171
Quote:
Save money its not a hard concept :)

^This...

The LP's were not very good IMHO... the LP2's however were decent. (I'm no basshead, and these be basshead cans)

I'd wait a bit and save some more, its worth it!

Jul 5, 2013 at 5:40 PM Post #21 of 171
I'd recommend the Ultrasone line of headphones.  The prices are kinda odd on Amazon right now, but you could go for a DJ1 Pro for a bit over 100.  Comes with a case, removable cable, and looks snappy.  I'm not too big a fan of the Crossfade lineup of headphones, so Ultrasone might not cut it for you.  Still might as well take a look.  They are bass monsters depending on the model. 

Jul 5, 2013 at 11:25 PM Post #22 of 171
Quote:
I'd recommend the Ultrasone line of headphones.  The prices are kinda odd on Amazon right now, but you could go for a DJ1 Pro for a bit over 100.  Comes with a case, removable cable, and looks snappy.  I'm not too big a fan of the Crossfade lineup of headphones, so Ultrasone might not cut it for you.  Still might as well take a look.  They are bass monsters depending on the model. 

I'd recommend Ultrasone too if the budget was like $150 or $200 for a good bass sound for the price. DJ1 pro/550 or even the DJ1/580 are good for bassheads with a bit of EQ, but he wants something that looks cool.

I just remembered Skullcandy Aviators may very well match his criteria. They sound and look great.

Jul 6, 2013 at 12:34 AM Post #23 of 171
I'll take this all into account. I'm gonna try the LP's. There's just too many reviews saying they are the best headphone ever (what like 800 5 star reviews on amazon?) I'll be skeptical and if I don't like them I'll return them and continue my search. Thanks all.

Jul 6, 2013 at 12:38 AM Post #24 of 171
What killed the lp's for me was how slow they were with fast double bass passages in metal... Megadeth's "take no prisoners" was very telling of this issue...

Jul 6, 2013 at 12:40 AM Post #25 of 171
In all fairness, I'd guess 90% of the people claiming they're the best ever have little to no experience with anything above stock ear buds and will think anything with bass is the best thing ever and since they're not Beats that makes them infinitely superior even though I'd take most Beats over them (not the Solos though).

Jul 6, 2013 at 12:46 AM Post #26 of 171
Just giving you fair warning.

Jul 6, 2013 at 12:40 PM Post #29 of 171

And in all honesty I just really want some headphones to wear around. If it  has a lot of bass then great i can brag to my friends because none of them are audiophiles, they'll think they're great. I have other headphones that i can do serious listening with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back