I want my hearing to be like right after I yawn all the time
Sep 18, 2009 at 6:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

ThePope3290

100+ Head-Fier
LOL whenever I feel like the music is quiet I just yawn and it opens my ears up and I can hear everything much better. I wish it was like that all the time...>_>
Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Sep 18, 2009 at 7:19 AM Post #2 of 8
For a couple of years I used to get these low grade ear infections. I started using those green plastic tooth picks and found there was just a little that my brush was not getting due to tooth crowns. I do not have those issues any longer. It has been a year and I love those silly green tooth picks. So yes before a yawn used to help me but now due to better oral heath I do not need to. It is open all the time.

Sep 18, 2009 at 8:37 AM Post #3 of 8
Learn how to pop your ears without opening your mouth. It's hard to describe, but you have muscles that let you open the other end of your ear canals inside your throat.

I used to swim a lot when I was a kid, so I learned years ago how to equalize my ears under water. You open those canals (usually) when you yawn, so that's probably what you're looking for.

I still equalize all the time - my office is 20 floors up in a skyscraper, so I equalize on the way up and down several times a day.

Practice yawning and opening wide. You'll feel the point when the canals open. Eventually, you'll be able to localize the muscles that do it and will be able to anytime you want.

Sep 18, 2009 at 1:46 PM Post #5 of 8
The issue is with your Eustachian tubes and pressure. The same thing happens when you change altitude. When you open the internal opening to the tubes it equalizes the pressure with the outside. You can also do this by swallowing and a few other ways.

Sep 19, 2009 at 6:35 PM Post #7 of 8
Plug your nose and swallow a couple of times. That will do it too.

Sep 20, 2009 at 9:26 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Learn how to pop your ears without opening your mouth. It's hard to describe, but you have muscles that let you open the other end of your ear canals inside your throat.

I used to swim a lot when I was a kid, so I learned years ago how to equalize my ears under water. You open those canals (usually) when you yawn, so that's probably what you're looking for.

I still equalize all the time - my office is 20 floors up in a skyscraper, so I equalize on the way up and down several times a day.

Practice yawning and opening wide. You'll feel the point when the canals open. Eventually, you'll be able to localize the muscles that do it and will be able to anytime you want.

When you do this can you 'hear' your ear canals opening? Kind of like a sticky sound? Because I can do it repeatedly and I haven't been near a swimming pool in years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back