I thought I was bad with my headphones collection...
May 21, 2006 at 5:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

Wmcmanus

President treasurer secretary and sole member of the Cayman Islands Head-Fi Club.
May 21, 2006 at 5:31 AM Post #2 of 24
oh thank you..you are on..wayne..how do you turn on the orpheus?

May 21, 2006 at 5:39 AM Post #4 of 24
at least he didn't claim to have a spiritual connection with his records
tongue.gif

May 21, 2006 at 5:43 AM Post #5 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1911
oh thank you..you are on..wayne..how do you turn on the orpheus?

There is a key located on the right-hand side of the HEV90. It's 1.857" to the Northwest of the... oh, nevermind, I haven't really memorized exactly where it is. It's back there somewhere.

This guy really does make me feel normal.

May 21, 2006 at 5:51 AM Post #6 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by granodemostasa
at least he didn't claim to have a spiritual connection with his records
tongue.gif

Ya, but that was just a joke. But still, I'm glad that you're reading my posts tonight. I'm now working on the wild eyed thing just in case any reporters ever show up at my door and ask about my headphones. I'll pass on the cigarettes though.

I can see it now, "So, tell me, why so many headphones? Don't they all pretty much sound the same?" <<sheepish giggle>> "Uh, ya, well... a lot of people have asked me that. I really don't know why, but I'm trying to collect a pair of every headphone ever made..." "Do you mean every American pair ever made?" "Oh no, I've got the German ones, Japanese, you name it..."

May 21, 2006 at 6:48 AM Post #8 of 24
Damn! I really should look into a career in the car wash business; I had no idea they did so well.

May 21, 2006 at 6:59 AM Post #9 of 24
I stumbled across this guy the other day:

http://www.ledmuseum.org/

It's not just LEDs, either. If it emits light, this guy owns it. Just amazing. And if you thought there were a lot of headphone and amp choices, the flashlight geeks (and I mean that in a good way) blow Head-Fi out of the water.

If you go there, be careful. There are lots of links to cool stuff, and you might end up spending money. I'm staying away.

May 21, 2006 at 9:18 AM Post #11 of 24
I wonder what he'd do in the event of a fire.

May 21, 2006 at 10:12 AM Post #12 of 24
That is truly supreme. However... I did like the way that he said "pick a record, any record", and then after failing to read out 1 record, chose a particular record from a stack for the guy to check.

Amusing.

May 21, 2006 at 10:39 AM Post #13 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
I can see it now, "So, tell me, why so many headphones? Don't they all pretty much sound the same?" <<sheepish giggle>> "Uh, ya, well... a lot of people have asked me that. I really don't know why, but I'm trying to collect a pair of every headphone ever made..." "Do you mean every American pair ever made?" "Oh no, I've got the German ones, Japanese, you name it..."

I would be ROFL if someone would make a video of just that.

May 21, 2006 at 10:44 AM Post #14 of 24
eek.gif
WOW
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back