I think I'm addicted to high quality IEM's..
Dec 12, 2010 at 8:02 PM Post #16 of 19
As everyone gets carried on and starts posting how many headphones they bought in a short ammount of time. I say

Yes, high end headphones are addicting. I find them addicting because each pair adds its own detail to sound and makes music more enjoyable. If you enjoy your music more, your a happy camper, if your a happy camper you have less stress.

Dec 12, 2010 at 8:19 PM Post #17 of 19
I think this pretty much nails it, few things in life are as pleasing as good music, and when you can hear the music as intended, you are indeed a very happy camper.

Quote:
As everyone gets carried on and starts posting how many headphones they bought in a short ammount of time. I say

Yes, high end headphones are addicting. I find them addicting because each pair adds its own detail to sound and makes music more enjoyable. If you enjoy your music more, your a happy camper, if your a happy camper you have less stress.

Dec 12, 2010 at 9:53 PM Post #18 of 19
Short of a serious cash injection, and I am talking a Lotto win, I will stick with IEMs like the PL50, R02Pro2 and their ilk - maybe I treat mine too roughly, but there is no way that I would be spending 1K+ on a headphone that I simply don't consider durable. Of all the 'portable' headphones I have owned, the ES7 is the only one that impressed me with its rugged build quality. How that thin cord has survived various indignities escapes me.

In a bedroom rig, custom IEMs would make perfect sense, but for something I want to throw in a bag and take with me, spending megabucks on IEMs is crazy to my way of thinking.

Dec 12, 2010 at 9:55 PM Post #19 of 19

Quote:
bad sound doesn't usually stress me out, it just really makes me angry and then i spend most of the time
thinking about all the flaws in the sound rather than enjoying the music. Grrr!

apparently i make it really obvious with my horrified stare look...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back