I think I'm addicted to high quality IEM's..
Dec 12, 2010 at 12:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

jacey

New Head-Fier
Just a month ago, I purchased Sennies IE8, and let me tell you, I'm in love with the sound. I upgraded from my poopy Skullcandies and IE8's sound is definitely way better. Though recently, when I was jogging, my ipod fell out of my sweater pocket and due to a lot of pressure added to the wire, it frayed where the wire connects to the driver. Luckily, I still had warranty on these headphones and sent in the wire for replacement three days ago. I usually listen to my IE8's while studying and it reduces stress by a lot. For the past few days, since I didn't have my IE8's to listen to while studying, I've been having much more anxiety and stress than usual. When I figured out it was because of music, I plugged in my Skullcandies and took a listen. This actually made me more stressed because the music quality was so damn poopy. Is it just me, or are there others who experience this symptom?

Dec 12, 2010 at 12:57 AM Post #2 of 19

Quote:
Just a month ago, I purchased Sennies IE8, and let me tell you, I'm in love with the sound. I upgraded from my poopy Skullcandies and IE8's sound is definitely way better. Though recently, when I was jogging, my ipod fell out of my sweater pocket and due to a lot of pressure added to the wire, it frayed where the wire connects to the driver. Luckily, I still had warranty on these headphones and sent in the wire for replacement three days ago. I usually listen to my IE8's while studying and it reduces stress by a lot. For the past few days, since I didn't have my IE8's to listen to while studying, I've been having much more anxiety and stress than usual. When I figured out it was because of music, I plugged in my Skullcandies and took a listen. This actually made me more stressed because the music quality was so damn poopy. Is it just me, or are there others who experience this symptom?

yup...don't use the skullcandies for too long, or you might actually get used to the sound again...

Dec 12, 2010 at 12:58 AM Post #3 of 19
There's a simple solution to your problem: keep your phones with you at all times!
P.S.: Welcome to Head-fi, and sorry about your wallet 
etysmile.gif

Dec 12, 2010 at 1:16 AM Post #4 of 19
Hehe... you think you are addicted... I bought three IEM's in the space of a month for myself and bought two as gifts just so that i could try them out! I am planning on getting another pair around the end of Jan too! Welcome to the club!

Dec 12, 2010 at 1:57 AM Post #5 of 19
Sucks, doesn't it?

I own Sennheiser IE8's, Triple Fi 10's, and JH16 Pros.  

I read the thread earlier about the Westone 4, and immediately wanted them.  What the hell is wrong with me?  I'm sure I can spend the money on something else!

Dec 12, 2010 at 2:10 AM Post #6 of 19
I'm getting a few more this month. I am always in control and would never waste money on IEMs, especially when I don't need more.

But then, I've multiple personalities. One of them sleep walks and orders IEMs when I "think" I'm asleep
mad.gif
. Don't know what to do
frown.gif

Dec 12, 2010 at 5:57 AM Post #7 of 19
This totally happens....

I put in my order for some Westone ES-5's, then suddenly the Amazon deal for TF10's pop up and I felt like I just HAD to get 2 pairs (I claim it is because I want to get one customed, and the other just to... keep... yea....), and while they're still on their way to me, I figure, boy, wouldn't it be nice to try some dynamic driver iems?  Luckily, the Amazon sale for HJE900's ended, so I escaped that one, but then I started looking into IE8's.......

Then I realised I really needed a beater pair (for when I go down to lie around next to the pool), after all kinds of research, the HF5 sale pops up.  BOOM.... ordered 2, then finally came to my senses and canceled the order for one of them.........

And like Jajo above, the Westone 4 thread pops up, OMG noes.... 

That was just in the length of ... 2 and a half weeks? -_-

Must stop coming onto head-fi...........

Dec 12, 2010 at 9:19 AM Post #8 of 19
you think YOU are addicted  , huh ?

AUGUST 2010         : HEAD-FI LOGIN
SEPTEMBER 2010  : RE-ZERO PURCHASE
OCTOBER 2010      : RE-252   PURCHASE
NOVEMBER 2010   : RE-262   PURCHASE

so far in december i haven't bought  anything , so i guess it's an improvement
jecklinsmile.gif

(but i am thiking of going for the arrow mini amp)

welcome to IEMadness land....leave your wallet behind.

Dec 12, 2010 at 11:47 AM Post #9 of 19
Hmmm... I don't understand what you call as 'madness'. It's just an entertaining way to reduce your worries about the increasing bank balance and a bulging wallet
wink.gif

Nov 11, 2009: EP-630. My first IEM purchase

Dec 11,2010: Check my profile
frown.gif

Last 5 months: DBA-02, DDM, RE-252, TF10, HJE900

And worse, I am not done yet....
rolleyes.gif

Dec 12, 2010 at 12:10 PM Post #10 of 19
Here's mine, started this year, guess it counts as addiction. Oddly enough my bank account shows no change

April - ATH CKM55 (gifted)
June - Hifiman RE-0 (sold)
September - UE700 (sold)
October - Senn IE8 (sold)
November - UE tf10(amazon deal, selling soon)

Near future - SM3/W4/1964 quads demo, not sure which one at the moment

Dec 12, 2010 at 12:14 PM Post #11 of 19
October - Panasonic HJE900
November - Fischer Audio Silver Bullet
November - Monster Miles Davis (Gift)
November - Ortofon e-q5
November - Fischer Audio DBA - 02 (Gift)

Planned for January - Either JVC FX700 or Earsonics SM3

Expensive hobby indeed!

Dec 12, 2010 at 12:53 PM Post #12 of 19
My journey: Sony Ex-082, Super fi 3, Super fi 5 pro, Sennheiser IE8, Hifiman RE1, Soundmagic PL21 (for my GF), Hifiman RE252, Earsonics SM3 and recently a pair of fun sounding Radiopaq Jazz for a couple of bucks.

Dec 12, 2010 at 2:36 PM Post #14 of 19
how would you rate these 2 in comparison ?

Quote:
My journey: Sony Ex-082, Super fi 3, Super fi 5 pro, Sennheiser IE8, Hifiman RE1, Soundmagic PL21 (for my GF), Hifiman RE252, Earsonics SM3 and recently a pair of fun sounding Radiopaq Jazz for a couple of bucks.

Dec 12, 2010 at 4:12 PM Post #15 of 19
bad sound doesn't usually stress me out, it just really makes me angry and then i spend most of the time
thinking about all the flaws in the sound rather than enjoying the music. Grrr!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back