I think i just fried my cmoy's chip
Jan 9, 2014 at 5:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

wes1099

100+ Head-Fier
I recently accidentally inserted my cmoy's 4556ad chip backwards, so i went to remove it and burned the crap out of my fingers, i inserted it in correctly, and it no longer works. I am pretty sure i fried the chip because i just ran two 9v batteries through it when it was backwards, but do you think i have fried the chip or something else? If it is just the chip, what chip should i replace it with? The chip i just fried was a 4566ad, but i can't get those around where i live.

Jan 9, 2014 at 9:26 PM Post #2 of 4
  I recently accidentally inserted my cmoy's 4556ad chip backwards, so i went to remove it and burned the crap out of my fingers, i inserted it in correctly, and it no longer works. I am pretty sure i fried the chip because i just ran two 9v batteries through it when it was backwards, but do you think i have fried the chip or something else? If it is just the chip, what chip should i replace it with? The chip i just fried was a 4566ad, but i can't get those around where i live.

If the cMoy uses a TLE2426CLP in its power supply circuit, that IC is also fried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back