I Qube How on earth do I get it open
May 19, 2008 at 5:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

John2e

Headphoneus Supremus
I am ready to break it open and tape it up
frown.gif

May 19, 2008 at 5:18 PM Post #2 of 10
I think there is a pictorial on the iqube website!? (found it LOOK)
And it has been discussed here aswell

I have seen Hans do it once, you have to do one side first - then push that side so its not fully open - then open the other side

May 19, 2008 at 5:52 PM Post #5 of 10
Aparently once you'll get the hang of it it'll be easy though still finicky
When Hans tried to demonstrate how it is opened, during the march meet in Nuenen he struggled but then did it like it was the easiest thing on earth on his second attempt :p

A very interesting amp though

Congratulations! happy listening
icon10.gif

May 19, 2008 at 6:22 PM Post #6 of 10
Have you seen Dexdexter's thread ?

There are some pics and a pointer to a video to open.

I agree it's frustrating. But once you get the hang of it, it becomes a lot easier. An iPod opening tool or something similar helps with the process.

Good luck.

May 20, 2008 at 1:41 PM Post #8 of 10
It was very difficult on your first few attempts, but you'll get the hang of it once you open it. I managed to open the iqube with the help of the ipod opening tool. I still load it with Sanyo Eneloop batt and can't be bothered to open it again .... at least not so soon.

May 20, 2008 at 3:53 PM Post #9 of 10
I'm in the process of driving down the original batts for burn-in, and have my Sanyo's ready to go as soon as the batts fail. Like you, I only plan on opening the iQube once (at least for the next few years). I found the YouTube link helpful.

May 21, 2008 at 10:17 AM Post #10 of 10
Well I am truly very sorry for the frustration the opening causes.

Indeed you can struggle when your fingers are too moist. The dryer they are the better it works.

In the meantime I can also report that the iPod opening tool also works perfectly. You can open the iQube the same way you open an iPod.
The tool can be found amongst other here:
DealExtreme: Cool Gadgets at the Right Price - Site-Wide Free Shipping (Page 1)

Always be carefull not to scratch the rubberpaint!

I have considered adding it to the package but the price makes it not interesting and if I want a low price for the tools I need to by 10k pieces or so.

If you have succeeded in opening the first side but you have difficulty opening teh second you can also use a screwdriver (or such) to flip open the second side, for this you need to stick the screwdriver into the opened side all the way untill it touches the far end (do this carefully). Then hold it together with the lid and using it as a lever flip the second side open.

Rgds

Hans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back