I own beats pro but wante better help
Feb 28, 2014 at 10:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Ekimzx

New Head-Fier
I bought beats pro thinking it was going to be an amazing experience but I like the sound but I hate the fact of being grouped with another uninformed goes withy the hype type of guy. What would you recommend for the same price as the beats pro

Feb 28, 2014 at 11:22 PM Post #2 of 8
If you're the type of person that listens to the type of music that Beats are intended for (bass heavy music), the best pair are the indestructible V-Moda M100s. Beyerdynamic DT770 80 Ohm, Audio Technica M50s, and the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pros come to mind as well.

It would be easier to give recommendations if you gave us some more information. What do you listen to? Will you be using them as a portable pair or only at home?

Feb 28, 2014 at 11:30 PM Post #3 of 8
I bought beats pro thinking it was going to be an amazing experience but I like the sound but I hate the fact of being grouped with another uninformed goes withy the hype type of guy. What would you recommend for the same price as the beats pro

The first question is are you dissatisfied with the sound? If the answer is no, stop at this point and don't give a fark what group people assume you're a part of. If the answer is yes, continue.

As per what's on my head right now, I'll echo the above poster in suggesting the VModa M100's. They won't give you the big bass response of Beats, but they're an excellent product and full of bass while still being clear, punchy, and ALIVE all over the spectrum.

Feb 28, 2014 at 11:39 PM Post #4 of 8
You could also read about Yamaha HPH Pro 500. They preserve a consumer sound signature, forgiving but detailed and punchy. They seem to be slightly more neutral than M100.

M100 built quality is well above average.

Mar 1, 2014 at 11:58 AM Post #6 of 8

As an enhancement to my highly valuable service of providing a designer logo to improve the sound of your non-designer headphones (described in my thread "How I Plan To Fund My Headphone Addiction" in this section), I hereby reveal my newest service...

Spanking Celebrity Cans.

Yes, for a small fee, I will provide you a logo of the respected headphone company of your choice to place over and thereby obscure the designer logo of your celebrity-endorsed cans. Now you can place a respectable Sennheiser label over the "b" of your Pros, and thereby impress those who see you of your discerning headphone tastes.

You're welcome! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back