I ordered the D5000 even though I have D2000. Will I regret this?
Aug 11, 2008 at 1:24 PM Post #16 of 29
Just a little misunderstanding, glad you all can still be friends
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 11, 2008 at 3:26 PM Post #19 of 29
I had the the D2000 for about 9 mos and loved them. I got the D5000 and sold my D2000, as I have no need for 2 sets of similar sounding phones. I haven't modded the D5000 and really have no intention to. They are fine the way they are IMHO. They are everything the D2000 is, but just a little better IMHO. You could also keep both phones... Lots of folks around here do.

When the D7000 finally arrives, I'll wait to see what current D5000 users think before heading in that direction.

Aug 11, 2008 at 8:32 PM Post #23 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dont start
mad.gif

Don't worry olblueyez, I didn't have any problem understanding what you were saying.

It was funny....As ol' Foghorn Leghorn would say..."It's a joke son, you're supposed to laugh"
wink_face.gif

Aug 11, 2008 at 8:34 PM Post #24 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by gordolindsay /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't worry olblueyez, I didn't have any problem understanding what you were saying.

It was funny....As ol' Foghorn Leghorn would say..."It's a joke son, you're supposed to laugh"
wink_face.gif

Glad, at least you understand.
beerchug.gif

Aug 11, 2008 at 8:54 PM Post #25 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cecala /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Get them here for far less($607.70) Denon AHD7000 Ultra Reference Audio Over Ear Headphones - Focus Camera

I'd be wary of purchasing from Focus Camera. I bought some camera equipment from them years ago, and they were extremely sleazy to deal with. For example: sold "gray market" foreign versions of the products without disclosing that to the buyer; removed standard accessories from the packages, then tried to charge extra to put them back in; items they said were "in stock" but weren't; etc. Maybe they've improved since then, and maybe you'll luck out, but I wouldn't trust them with another penny of my money.

(By comparison, I have had nothing but good buying experiences with both B&H and J&R. In all cases, the products were fully authorized U.S. warranteed packages, and included everything they were supposed to. Straightforward purchases with no tricks and no problems.)

Aug 11, 2008 at 11:17 PM Post #26 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by gordolindsay /img/forum/go_quote.gif

wink_face.gif

Foghorn is my favorite. "I say, that boy is about as sharp as a bowling ball"! Im waiting for the day when you can get his entire collection on DVD.

Aug 14, 2008 at 3:15 PM Post #28 of 29
Only you can be the judge of that.

Assuming you bought the D5000s new:

Burn them in for 100ish hours, then do an extensive comparison between the D2000s and the D5000s with your absolute favorite albums/tracks. Then decide for yourself which you like better. Keep the winner, and either return the loser (if it is the D5000, take advantage of your return policy period), if it is the D2000, sell it here on Head-Fi and recoup some money.

Or, do what I did and end up loving them both enough to justify keeping them! I use the D2000s in my "work rig" and the Markl moded D5000s in my "home rig".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back