I ordered DBI Pro-700, and got some random headphone...
Jul 19, 2010 at 5:16 PM Post #2 of 8
What in the sphincter of hell?  You need to file a claim through ebay / paypal, other experienced head fi'rs please chime in.

from what I digged up.

TELE SCAN ELECTRONICS PVT. LTD.
59/280, L.T. Marg,
Mumbai,   Maharashtra
400 002
India

Apparently they deal with audio equipment and other electronic systems, but there is barely anything on the web that corresponds to the company. 

http://books.google.com/books?id=rQkEAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA83&lpg=PA83&dq=tele+scan+headphones&source=bl&ots=VjILnGnRl1&sig=DXcR-anjLF6cAtuH-xrVOdWxEeg&hl=en&ei=871ETLnkJIf2swPV7_TBDA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=4&ved=0CCEQ6AEwAw

The article on the top of page 83 mentions that they do deal in listening stations, also just by looking at the pics you provided w/ the super reinforced cable, suggests they were built for durability. 

I was keeping my eye on the dbi pro 700's and was about to pull the trigger on the latest ebay listing, but waited too long & next thing I knew the listing was gone. 

In any case, how do they sound?

Jul 19, 2010 at 5:27 PM Post #3 of 8
Those do look pretty solid.  But yeah, the DBI Pro 700 they are not.

Get your money back.

Jul 19, 2010 at 6:20 PM Post #4 of 8
I have a thread in this same subforum, did you buy from the same seller as me?  Looks like I'm in a better place than you, but I still think I got screwed as well.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/503004/bought-dbi-pro-700-off-ebay-received-mb-quart

Did you also buy from user snapper46?  Guys that have previously bought the DBI off of eBay, who was the seller?

Jul 19, 2010 at 9:57 PM Post #5 of 8
To be honest, I have no idea. These cans don't even sound good. They sound like they're built in a tin can. They are also REALLY uncomfortable. They are made purely out of rubber and when I take them off, my hair gets stuck to the rubber on them. It's horrible.

I'm pretty upset that I received these cans actually. I already left the seller good feedback when I got the item in the mail, figuring it was all okay. I'm going to contact him and see what he was thinking, and definitely try to get a refund. This is inexcusable.

Jul 19, 2010 at 10:14 PM Post #6 of 8
Actually, they really don't sound that bad. The bass just sounds very rubbery, like I'm bouncing a kick ball around. The mids are really pronounced though. They'd be fine if they were comfortable, but I can't even wear them for more than 10 minutes! Also, the 3.5mm jack is messed up I think, because they will cut out if I fiddle with the cable. That's a big no no.

Jul 21, 2010 at 5:49 AM Post #7 of 8

Quote:
To be honest, I have no idea. These cans don't even sound good. They sound like they're built in a tin can. They are also REALLY uncomfortable. They are made purely out of rubber and when I take them off, my hair gets stuck to the rubber on them. It's horrible.

I'm pretty upset that I received these cans actually. I already left the seller good feedback when I got the item in the mail, figuring it was all okay. I'm going to contact him and see what he was thinking, and definitely try to get a refund. This is inexcusable.

I hope that you from now on never leave feedback until you have tested the item bought on Ebay. I bought cheap memory cards from China on Ebay, stupidly thinking I made a great deal. After receiving the card, I tested it with H2testw 1.4 and the card turned out to be hacked -  a 256 MB card reprogrammed to appear as a 16GB card. After that I contacted other buyers who had bought memory cards from the seller to warn them and ask them to test the cards with H2testw. I was shocked to find out that so many people leave positive feedback before even using the item they have bough. Sometimes people are too trusting and dishonest people can make a lot of money on that.

I wish you the best of luck in getting your money back!

Oct 7, 2011 at 12:46 AM Post #8 of 8
Actually what you have is a pair of headphones that were used with the in-store listening posts built by Telescan Systems in Burlingame, CA. Some of those were equipped with Grado drivers, if you got lucky. They were designed to be indestructible rather than comfortable since they were under constant abuse in music stores or the music racks at Target, Walmart, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back