I need your opinions
Sep 21, 2010 at 6:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

jasonbishop73

New Head-Fier
I'm using an ipod touch 32gb.  I listen to a lot of videos and music.  I've been using etymotic hf2's.  Lately I've been thinking of getting rid of them.  I've wanted something I can sleep on my side with.  The hf2's just go way too deep.  I've been reading a lot and its got me wondering.  I've recently fallen on hard times and I've been thinking I could sell the hf2's and get something without a mic as I don't need it.  Well... I have skype on the ipod but I haven't used it yet after a month so I figure I can get a mic set later.  I just wanted to sell the hf2's and get something cheaper, but I also wanted to get something that sounded good.  One thing that turns me off about the hf2's as well is the need to continually get filters for them.  I'm not flush with cash and now I have to worry about using them without the filter.

I've been drifting towards the Panasonic hje900's.  I just wanted to know what you all thought a good move would be.

Sep 22, 2010 at 5:26 PM Post #3 of 7
you could go for a in ears, the shure se535's are my favorite. for on the ear, i would recommend the koss porta pro's. they are pretty flat but my hair tends to get caught in the adjusting clip. if your sleeping, how about speakers?

Sep 22, 2010 at 6:44 PM Post #4 of 7
Yeah here's the deal with sleeping.  I've had 3 surgeries, and they've left me in a lot of pain.  Sadly I'm in a bad cycle of pain.  I use the ipod pretty much all through the day, my music helps me get past the constant pain.  I have problems getting to sleep and staying asleep.  I usually go to bed with my earphones in.  My wife doesn't want any music or sound when she goes to sleep so earbuds are how I have to listen in bed.

Sep 22, 2010 at 7:25 PM Post #5 of 7
Not sure the HJE900 can be slept in comfortably - they're not exactly small. Something with an ergonomic fit (e.g. Fischer Audio Eterna) or maybe a smaller straight-barrel (e.g. ViSang R02, ECCI PR300, RE0/ZERO) would work for sleeping and leave you with some money after selling the HF2. 

Sep 22, 2010 at 7:54 PM Post #6 of 7

Quote:
Yeah here's the deal with sleeping.  I've had 3 surgeries, and they've left me in a lot of pain.  Sadly I'm in a bad cycle of pain.  I use the ipod pretty much all through the day, my music helps me get past the constant pain.  I have problems getting to sleep and staying asleep.  I usually go to bed with my earphones in.  My wife doesn't want any music or sound when she goes to sleep so earbuds are how I have to listen in bed.

Quote:
Not sure the HJE900 can be slept in comfortably - they're not exactly small. Something with an ergonomic fit (e.g. Fischer Audio Eterna) or maybe a smaller straight-barrel (e.g. ViSang R02, ECCI PR300, RE0/ZERO) would work for sleeping and leave you with some money after selling the HF2. 

Sorry to hear that man, I hope you recover soon. Music is the only thing that helps me go to sleep, so I sleep with my HJE900s virtually every night. It's never been an issue for me as I find them perfectly comfortable to sleep in(especially with Sleek Audio cables) but at the same time they are indeed not the smallest IEMs(though not particularly big), so I figure someone with ears smaller or shaped different than my average ones might have some issues.

Oct 18, 2010 at 3:08 PM Post #7 of 7
Awesome.  Thanks for the input.  I might still try and get a pair.  I've not had a lot of luck trying to sell the HF2's because I'm in a very small town where "good enough" is the norm.  IDK what I'm going to do.  I need a pair of filters for the HF2's so I need to look around and see if I can dig up a pair.  (anyone have a spare set they can part with?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back