i need your help to help my friend
Mar 15, 2012 at 11:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

gopanthersgo1

Headphoneus Supremus
hey, my freind is looking at getting a good pair of closed $50 headphones (actually today he bought the skull candy hesh and i told him to return them and get a different pair of closed cans) so i need to know a great $50 pair that are good for dubstep, he will also be getting the Fiio E5 amp, so the ohm limit isnt really a factor for $50 headphones.  So in a nutshell I need the best cans you can get for $50 (i know they wont be good, but they should be better than skull candy) that are good for dubstep and dance.

Mar 15, 2012 at 11:58 PM Post #2 of 9
fiio E6 NOT E5 and he will be listening with his ipod.

Mar 16, 2012 at 12:01 AM Post #3 of 9

Quote:
hey, my freind is looking at getting a good pair of closed $50 headphones (actually today he bought the skull candy hesh and i told him to return them and get a different pair of closed cans) so i need to know a great $50 pair that are good for dubstep, he will also be getting the Fiio E5 amp, so the ohm limit isnt really a factor for $50 headphones.  So in a nutshell I need the best cans you can get for $50 (i know they wont be good, but they should be better than skull candy) that are good for dubstep and dance.

So basically he has a $70 budget?

You used to be able to find the Sony XB500 for $50 new, but not anymore, I would look for one of those, or a Sony XB700 maybe, if you can get it second hand, go for it. They hold value. No amp needed. Wub wub wub away!
Another alternative is the Panasonic HTF600. Great for dub. No amp needed.

Very best,

Mar 16, 2012 at 12:21 AM Post #5 of 9

Quote:
 which is how I picture dubstep listeners.

I listen to lots of dubstep, and some brostep. You'd be surprised what electronic music lovers actually look like.

Then again, I can see your point, when I think of Head-Fi members, I want to imagine they look like this, but really, I know they look like this.

Cheeky good fun, `tis all.

Very best,

Mar 16, 2012 at 12:35 AM Post #6 of 9
im thinking about these Panasonic HTF600, thinks for the lol MalVeauX

Mar 16, 2012 at 12:42 AM Post #7 of 9
id also recommend the ear pads on your review to help with the treble which is almost as important as the bass in some dubstep, i guess i wont tell him about the fiio E6 until he gets some headphones that will bennefit from the extra ohms and stuff.

Mar 16, 2012 at 1:17 AM Post #8 of 9
Jun 28, 2012 at 10:12 PM Post #9 of 9
Having bought a pair of Hesh 2's. I can say with a iPod they lack treble at lower volumes. Sounded better at higher volumes. Bass was OK and midrange kind of fades with some vocals.
Those can be over looked, but the lack of treble is a issue as Skull Candy got bad reviews for its Hesh 1's. Not sure they did much with the drivers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back