I need some advice from the community...
May 8, 2011 at 4:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

IzakuCruz

New Head-Fier
Ima a huuuuge fan of the Skullcandy Skullcrushers....The design and material is comfortable, though a bit on the fragile side. But my main love for the headphones is the bass amplifier that comes with it. Ive had my pair since October of 2010 and thought Id just stick to replacing it with another Skullcrusher since its beginning to show its age (I use my pair basically everyday). But I dont wanna spend the money on more of the same if there is something better out there thats of reasonable price. Is there anything out there similar to the Skullcrushers that I can look at as a second option or should I just remain loyal to my crushers?

~Thanks in advance homies.

Edit-lol disregard the fashion option. It was an idea i had but really doubt I'd do hahah. Sorry if it was a silly distraction.

May 8, 2011 at 6:11 PM Post #2 of 13
Different Skullcrushers for different events and outfits, sounds logical, I would go that way.

May 8, 2011 at 6:28 PM Post #3 of 13
Ive only tried them on a store and didnt thought they had nice bass, i liked the folding design tho.

if you could try Equation Audio RP15, its very bass heavy, the good kind of bass, its small and fold into a really small package. if you dont mind the orange cups, but considering how SKs looks i dont think you mind.

and they crush the skull too, when new the clamp force is intense, but then they wear out.

May 8, 2011 at 6:59 PM Post #4 of 13
I heard they're discontinuing the Skullcrushers, so you should probably stock up now.

May 8, 2011 at 7:01 PM Post #5 of 13
I think you should stay with the skull crushers, as for the price of some of the headphones that will be suggested to you, you can not only get different colors to match different outfits, you can actually get more outfits.  It sounds to me that you are gonna use the headphone to listen to music, and also as a fashion accessory.

May 9, 2011 at 2:19 PM Post #7 of 13
I'd suggest collecting all of the different color AKG Q701s and Beyerdynamik Manufaktur headphones as well.

May 9, 2011 at 5:11 PM Post #9 of 13

Quote:
Ive only tried them on a store and didnt thought they had nice bass, i liked the folding design tho.

if you could try Equation Audio RP15, its very bass heavy, the good kind of bass, its small and fold into a really small package. if you dont mind the orange cups, but considering how SKs looks i dont think you mind.

and they crush the skull too, when new the clamp force is intense, but then they wear out.

Ive heard ppl mention "good bass" and "bad bass" before and honestly cant tell the difference...I LOVE the bass on the crushers. If its "bad bass" im really missin out lol

May 9, 2011 at 6:52 PM Post #10 of 13

Quote:
.I LOVE the bass on the crushers. If its "bad bass" im really missin out lol

then you need to buy something different this time, and hear what the real bass is. 
biggrin.gif

May 9, 2011 at 10:19 PM Post #12 of 13
Some of the AKG K518 models are going for $45 - $60 right now on Amazon. I haven't actually owned them but I've read that they're pretty bass heavy.

May 9, 2011 at 10:38 PM Post #13 of 13
Try taking a look at superlux's range of headphones and see if they're up to your fashion tastes...   they're cheap and very good for the price!!!
If you like retro..  then check AiAiAi out..  these guys make good sounding cans IMHO

alternatively Eskuche and Urbanears... I however cannot vouch for these brands as they generally sound just as bad as Skullcandies..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back