i need IEM's. help?
Mar 21, 2008 at 4:45 AM Post #16 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by emericanchaos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i'll be on a Yamaha R6. motorbike not pedals. with a yosh pipe and a helmet you can't really hear much anyway.

what are SF5's? are UM1's from Westone?

thanks for all the replies.

Yes, the UM-1 is a single driver - universal (not custom) IEM and the SF5's are the SuperFi 5's made by UltimateEars. If you want to get a good view of the options - I would look at earphonesolutions.com to get an idea of what's out there. Then do your price search to find the best deal.

Mar 21, 2008 at 5:03 AM Post #17 of 20
As is all UE's IEM, SF5 isn't helmet friendly (stick out too much).

Mar 21, 2008 at 7:41 AM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by emericanchaos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
looks like i'm going with UM1's. earphonesolutions says they fit under race helmets fine.

any foamies i should pick up extra?

They should come with a selection of the Comply Tips which do a great job in my opinion. I would give them a shot before you spend additional $$.

Besides, if you spend any length of time on this forum, this will be just the start of a very fun (but expensive) adventure.

So, let me be the first to say - "Sorry about your wallet"

Be sure to post an update with your impressions of the UM1's (you should hear the UM2's) as well as any other questions, comments, etc.

Mar 21, 2008 at 9:44 AM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lifter59 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They should come with a selection of the Comply Tips which do a great job in my opinion. I would give them a shot before you spend additional $$.

Besides, if you spend any length of time on this forum, this will be just the start of a very fun (but expensive) adventure.

So, let me be the first to say - "Sorry about your wallet"

Be sure to post an update with your impressions of the UM1's (you should hear the UM2's) as well as any other questions, comments, etc.

i've been around long enough to drop about $700 so far not counting the ipod.
biggrin.gif

never really needed a mobile setup till now.

i'lld give the original tips a shot. now, would you say the UM2's are worth the price difference?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back