I need help!!!!
Jan 8, 2013 at 4:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

noobyguy

New Head-Fier
i have the xb500 which are ok but i'm looking for something with better sound quality all round like the beyerdynamics dt770 but without sacrificing too much bass. i have looked at m audio q40's but i dont know if they are better.my budget max is 200 but i dont really want to spend that much. i would prefer headphones that don't need an amp but if they do could you also recommend an amp. i was also thinking of getting a digizoid zo2 just to add more bass and hopefully clarity but i dont know. i really need help

Jan 8, 2013 at 6:16 PM Post #2 of 6
Quote:
i have the xb500 which are ok but i'm looking for something with better sound quality all round like the beyerdynamics dt770 but without sacrificing too much bass. i have looked at m audio q40's but i dont know if they are better.my budget max is 200 but i dont really want to spend that much. i would prefer headphones that don't need an amp but if they do could you also recommend an amp. i was also thinking of getting a digizoid zo2 just to add more bass and hopefully clarity but i dont know. i really need help

Heya,

With your budget, don't even consider a Zo. Just consider a better overall headphone.

I would say the Beyer Custom One Pro would be the one for you. No amp needed. Very bassy. Big improvement in all areas over the XB500. If you want to kick the bass up to earthquake level, add a Fiio E6 and set bass to it's highest setting and set the vent ports to fully open on the Beyer. They boom.

Very best,

Jan 9, 2013 at 11:50 AM Post #3 of 6
i have heard of these but then i have heard other headphones are better like the pro700mk2,hp700,d2000,dt990 pro,soundmagic hp100, shure  srh840 .. the list goes on forever 
frown.gif

Jan 10, 2013 at 11:54 AM Post #4 of 6
i have really been considering m audio q40s but i need to know does it sound better than the xb500. also i have heard about problems with its ear pads and the cable and im wondering if i should get new ear pads or would it be better looking at another pair of headphones altogether

Jan 22, 2013 at 2:24 PM Post #5 of 6
I am just about to order m audio q40's and a zo2 amp but i dont know if i should get a better pair of headphones for sound quality but with less bass and use the zo2 to recover that bass please help me.

Jan 29, 2013 at 1:20 PM Post #6 of 6
i just got my q40 a big improvement to the xb500's. the voices are clear and it has more bass in my opinion. i am waiting for my headphone amp hopefully they will sound even better

Users who are viewing this thread

Back