I need help finding the most "resolving" iem...
Jul 31, 2023 at 2:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Yamil

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I am interested in buying an ultra "resolving" iem. I would prefer a value king option, but if there isn't one then thats okay too. I'd stop at kilobuck range (1,300$) and I'd be happy with anything under that obviously.

here are all of the iems I've owned/own: 1. fiio fh3 2. mangird xenns top 3. dunu Mk2 4. kiwi ears quintet (my favorite) 5. timeless ae (they broke). My least favorite would probably be the timeless or dunu mk2. The timeless ae sounded muddy to me and I wasn't that impressed by the bass either, which I feel like was it's selling point. The dunu mk2 were just way too big for my ears, so it's more of a painful listening experience than a pleasant one. I will say though, out of the iems here the dunu mk2 does acoustics guitars the best, but I don't know if that's because of its warm signature?

I would say as long as there isn't much sibilance, I would prefer a brighter-ish iem... but I don't know what type of sound signature makes a "resolving" iem. I've heard the symphonium helios was a value king? but I also heard the shell was too big so that's an issue.

btw I listen to a wide variety of genres, many many rock genres, classical, jazz, soul, anything with real instruments. there's another question that I hope can be answered. Does a "resolving" iem make for a boring iem? would a "resolving" iem have no dynamics? no bass slam?

Many thanks in advance!

Jul 31, 2023 at 2:56 AM Post #2 of 2
You can check out the QDC Anole VX. It has 8 tuning signatures via switches, one of the most resolving IEMs I've had the chance to hear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back