I need help deciding in between the Bose QuietComfort 20i and the SE425/SE535
Dec 12, 2013 at 5:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

zVitiate

New Head-Fier
Hey,

I need some help choosing in between these two headphones. The SE425 and 20i cost $300, and are both in ear. The Se535 are more expensive at $440 @amazon. These headphones will only be used on the go/in my phone, since I have my other over the ear headphones for home use.

I'm torn in between which to get because of my terrible experience with my SE215's. I've gone through 2 pairs of SE215's in under 1 week, due to the headphones breaking in under a day and causes the audio to cut out at times or be absent in one ear.

I've read reviews on both headphones and all look great. I understand that the SE425's will have better sound, and the SE535 will have the best sound out of all of them but cost more, but by how much since the Bose comes with better conformability and noise cancellation.

Thanks.

Dec 12, 2013 at 9:45 PM Post #4 of 5
I personally wouldn't go with Bose...IMHO they overprice and under deliver. I don't mind the Shures, they're a bit harsh compared to UEs but they do a great job. I use the 425s. At the price you're paying I would look into some customs from JH audio, alclair or inearz or something like that!

I decided to go with the 425s. They arrive tomorrow, hopefully they don't break like my 2 SE215s. If/when I get another pair of in-ear headphones, I'll look into getting custom ones.

Dec 12, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #5 of 5
I decided to go with the 425s. They arrive tomorrow, hopefully they don't break like my 2 SE215s. If/when I get another pair of in-ear headphones, I'll look into getting custom ones.

Good call - I have a few pairs of the 425s and the only time one broke was when a friend stepped on the shell.... They should do well for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back