I need comments on the BERYER DT 770 PRO-80
Nov 18, 2004 at 2:59 PM Post #242 of 260
Quote:

Originally Posted by commando
Beware, this this the current flavour of the month, and IMHO isn't suitable for anyone but serious bassheads. People who like the Sony MDR-V700 will like the increased clarity while still keeping the bass levels high. For anyone interested in ballance, look elsewhere.

I find that the Beyers are great for metal and hard rock where an extra bit of bottom end is almost mandatory. Particularly on older metal albums that tend to sound thin (old Dio albums, etc.) Stuff like Grados gets recommended alot for metal, but the lower end stuff (SR60, SR80) doesn't have near enough low end to make metal really kick..

Nov 18, 2004 at 8:49 PM Post #243 of 260
Quote:

Originally Posted by appar111
I find that the Beyers are great for metal and hard rock where an extra bit of bottom end is almost mandatory. Particularly on older metal albums that tend to sound thin (old Dio albums, etc.) Stuff like Grados gets recommended alot for metal, but the lower end stuff (SR60, SR80) doesn't have near enough low end to make metal really kick..

Definitely!

Nov 19, 2004 at 2:22 AM Post #244 of 260
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3lusiv3
On person even got them from Guitar Center for $120.

I just bought them today and I wasn't quite so lucky at my Guitar Center
frown.gif
The manager told me he was unable to pricematch (I brought in a printout from another site that had it for $160, but it was out of stock, haha oops), but he was a pretty cool guy and wanted to help out so he said what I can do is give you $40 in accessories if there is something you need. I didn't really need anything, but I just went ahead and got 3x 50 packs of CDRs along with the headphones for the regular price of $199. Gonna start testing them out in a bit.

Nov 19, 2004 at 4:17 AM Post #245 of 260
How is it that you people got it for cheaper at guitar center? I got shot down as well. They offered me accessories, but I declined. I really did not want to pay 200 dollars for a pair of headphones.

Nov 19, 2004 at 4:19 AM Post #246 of 260
Quote:

Originally Posted by meesha
How is it that you people got it for cheaper at guitar center? I got shot down as well. They offered me accessories, but I declined. I really did not want to pay 200 dollars for a pair of headphones.

If you keep coming here you will want to
biggrin.gif
I paid just about that price for my SR225s.

Nov 19, 2004 at 4:25 AM Post #247 of 260
Oi, the Darth Beyers make my head hurt...

They sound good... but whoa. Skull-crushing bass.

Nov 19, 2004 at 5:38 AM Post #248 of 260
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aman
If you keep coming here you will want to
biggrin.gif
I paid just about that price for my SR225s.

Yeah, I figured $199.99 is still a good price for them (the 250ohm ones are $198 after 10% discount) and you can exchange it if something is wrong with them with no wait time or shipping expense. Plus you get the credit on top of it. I was seriously contemplating putting the $40 towards a E-mu 0404 (they had 'em for $99.99), but I just ordered got the AV-710 so I told myself I don't need to be spending any more right now, haha.

Anyways, first impressions of the headphones.... BASS, haha. Big improvement over my MDR-V900s in every category (and so much lighter and comfortable). I'm a newbie and I still don't know the proper terms to describe everything (and really have nothing worth comparing it to anyways), but I think these are a great cans to start off with
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 19, 2004 at 6:05 AM Post #249 of 260
I'm sure I'll pass the $200 mark soon enough. I was just speaking about spending 200 for the dt770 specifically. I was just P.O.'ed about the Guitar Center Thing because the impression I got was all you had to do was ask and they would bring down the price. But apparently this was not the case for me and a few others. I was just wondering why that was?

Nov 22, 2004 at 4:49 AM Post #250 of 260
I am looking to pick a pair of these up as a Christmas gift... sure am glad I found this thread.

Has anyone found an online price for these? The only place I found that was close was: http://www.asenashop.com/sfitem/id-6893/pr-0 - and they're sold out it seems, and I've never heard of them, nor do I know if they are an "authorized" dealer.

I guess what worries me is walking into Guitar Center and they want to see a print out of a web site with a low price that has it in stock. Though I know a few in here have said, "I read it online," and haven't been hassled about it, but that certainly won't work for everybody.

I will be going to the Cherry Hill store in South Jersey.

Dec 10, 2004 at 9:39 PM Post #252 of 260
Now Guitar Center says they have a "hard minimum" and can't go below $199, the computer won't let them do it even if they want to. The guy wanted to give me the deal but couldn't.
frown.gif

Dec 11, 2004 at 6:39 PM Post #253 of 260
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wiseguy
Now Guitar Center says they have a "hard minimum" and can't go below $199, the computer won't let them do it even if they want to. The guy wanted to give me the deal but couldn't.
frown.gif

Man, that really sucks. The local Guitar Center here in Tennessee sold me my pair for only $120. I guess someone in corporate decided that they were losing too much money on these babies, or weren't making enough per sale, or some crap like that.

A lot of people picked a pair up, though. You might keep an eye on the for sale forum here for good deals.

-Chad

Dec 11, 2004 at 7:32 PM Post #254 of 260
Quote:

Originally Posted by Coalescent
Man, that really sucks. The local Guitar Center here in Tennessee sold me my pair for only $120. I guess someone in corporate decided that they were losing too much money on these babies, or weren't making enough per sale, or some crap like that.

A lot of people picked a pair up, though. You might keep an eye on the for sale forum here for good deals.

-Chad

That's Ok I really shouldn't be spending that kind of money on headphones anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back