I need $25 Headphones!
Dec 12, 2007 at 10:57 AM Post #34 of 44
Thanks for the replies

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't like earphones that fall off of my ears, they get tangled in my feet and I trip and fall on the old lady in front of me. I like my on sale purchased, and modified (easy to do) have taken tremendous abuse, been all over China, and many parts of the US, biked and hiked, yes, they are a great buy and a thrill to use. . . the one and only . . . Porta . . . . Pros. . . .

PortaPro mods? Really?

Dec 12, 2007 at 12:50 PM Post #35 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathwish238 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the replies

PortaPro mods? Really?

Why not ?
biggrin.gif

Dec 12, 2007 at 6:53 PM Post #39 of 44
If it weren't already unanimous... KSC75! While my ears are definitely not as fine tuned as the people here I'd have to say I've thought of replacing my Grado 325i with these.

Dec 12, 2007 at 7:02 PM Post #40 of 44
KSC-75!!! or the sportapro if you don't like ear clips.

px-100 and portapro is usually over $25... but around ~$35... so that $10 can either make or break you =P come on, that's one less gamble and a much better "buy!"

the headphones will last you years, the $10 will last you 15 seconds. think about it! =DDD

Dec 12, 2007 at 7:25 PM Post #41 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Caribou679 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi!
I'm glad you did this post and just to be different I will suggest the
EP 3070 from Equation Audio.
Equation Audio those who produce the RP21 hp.

For my daughter birthday I bought a pair of EP 3070.They were $25 canadian and they are foldable, they have flat black earpads with gloss black frames. The cable is removable , on the left earpad, and the lenght is very long, about6-8 feet.

Esthetically they are very nice and very sharp. Folded they don't use much space. And the earpads are not very big.

So I tried them first and also did some pink/white noise burning and I am very impressed!!

They are bass extended and have a nice soundstage. Not very wide as soundstage but still present. The highs are abit discrete but much enjoyable.

They are closed hp and isolate very well.

Equation Audio introduces them as "solid entry level" and it's true.

For $25 the suggestion for Koss KSC75 or Sportapro is valid, but check these out and if you can find a dealer on their website, well you decide.
EP.3070 - Folding Headphones EQUATION AUDIO :: Beyond Equal

regards,

How comfortable are they? Would they only enclose small ears? Can you replace the cable with any other standard stereo cable?

Dec 12, 2007 at 9:48 PM Post #42 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenjchang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
px100 cost me $30 shipped directly from amazon's wearhouse dealz. got them today, wasnt expecting them till the end of the week since i chose free shipping.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parisis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here is the Amazon link. For less than a couple of beers you can have the px100s.

Amazon.com: Used and New: Sennheiser PX 100 Collapsible Headphones

My original post said no to the PX100s.
cool.gif

Thanks though

Dec 12, 2007 at 11:37 PM Post #43 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Paccioli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How comfortable are they? Would they only enclose small ears? Can you replace the cable with any other standard stereo cable?

Concerning the Equation Ep 3070, I am an adult and have no problem with their size. They are comfortable and enclose my ears adequately without any undue pressure.

The cable has a "patented" twist locking device particular to Equation Audio that keeps the 1/8 jack connected to the earphone. If you can DIY to adapt the locking jack to another cable it would work. I have a RP22 but did not verify if their cables are interchanging. I will try it tonight later on to see if they can interchange. The EP cable is a straight cable/wire , not rolled like the RP22.

regards,

Dec 12, 2007 at 11:49 PM Post #44 of 44
It's been said so many times but yes definitely KSC-75!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back