I need $25 Headphones!
Dec 12, 2007 at 3:07 AM Post #16 of 44
Hi!
I'm glad you did this post and just to be different I will suggest the
EP 3070 from Equation Audio.
Equation Audio those who produce the RP21 hp.

For my daughter birthday I bought a pair of EP 3070.They were $25 canadian and they are foldable, they have flat black earpads with gloss black frames. The cable is removable , on the left earpad, and the lenght is very long, about6-8 feet.

Esthetically they are very nice and very sharp. Folded they don't use much space. And the earpads are not very big.

So I tried them first and also did some pink/white noise burning and I am very impressed!!

They are bass extended and have a nice soundstage. Not very wide as soundstage but still present. The highs are abit discrete but much enjoyable.

They are closed hp and isolate very well.

Equation Audio introduces them as "solid entry level" and it's true.

For $25 the suggestion for Koss KSC75 or Sportapro is valid, but check these out and if you can find a dealer on their website, well you decide.
EP.3070 - Folding Headphones EQUATION AUDIO :: Beyond Equal

regards,

Dec 12, 2007 at 3:07 AM Post #17 of 44
JVC Marshmellow.

Dec 12, 2007 at 3:12 AM Post #18 of 44
Haven't personally heard the ep3070 but yeah, it can probably contend, at almost twice the price of the ksc75.

While we're recommending other cheap phones that aren't the ksc75:

there's the ksc55. Hard to find but apparently available here: Koss KSC55 Behind-The-Neck Headphones with Superior Bass Response / Audio / Koss / Koss - Zalmar.com

If there's a BigLots in your neighborhood, the Coby CV130 is worth the $6 they charge for it, if you peel off the foam donut on the face of the thing. and of course there are accuras, but those aren't really portable.

Dec 12, 2007 at 3:26 AM Post #19 of 44
lol the Koss KSC75 huh? I just read about those before making the thread while searching around...didn't think everyone would say get those...

The EP3070 look nice as well

Dec 12, 2007 at 3:28 AM Post #20 of 44
How do the KSC75 compare to the Koss PortaPro? Also, how is the sound leakage of the KSC75? I don't care about isolation, but I do care about leakage...

Dec 12, 2007 at 3:35 AM Post #21 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathwish238 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do the KSC75 compare to the Koss PortaPro? Also, how is the sound leakage of the KSC75? I don't care about isolation, but I do care about leakage...

KSC75 and portapro, IMO, have similar sound signature. I prefer the Sportapro because it has a headband and I "feel" more the music. Maybe by the pressure/presence they have on the ear. Wearing the KSC75 "floating" on the ear I find that the sound is volatile, very open, like as I miss some of the music. Still they sound Very good.

But they are open type, meaning if you listen to Opeth a bit loud, your neighbourg might get afraid!!
eek.gif
wink.gif

yes they do leak...

Dec 12, 2007 at 3:37 AM Post #22 of 44
I haven't really noticed much leakage... I guess it depends on the volume. When I listen at low to moderate levels, people don't tend to hear my music.

Dec 12, 2007 at 3:48 AM Post #23 of 44
Whatever you do, don't get Koss Spark Plugs. I've never had worse earphones. MY recommendation? Panasonic HJE-50S. Available for as little as $9.99. They can take a beating too. I had mine kicking around loose in my backpack for over a year before giving them to my brother when I started messing with more serious IEM style earphones.

Dec 12, 2007 at 3:58 AM Post #25 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yukon Trooper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, you are SCREAMING for KSC75. Great Grado clarity and energy with strong bass. Booya what a combo!!

if ksc75's have grado clarity, i really don't need to ever own a grado.

Dec 12, 2007 at 4:34 AM Post #26 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Caribou679 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[snip]

But they are open type, meaning if you listen to Opeth a bit loud, your neighbourg might get afraid!!
eek.gif
wink.gif

yes they do leak...

Haha
tongue.gif
, the leakage is not that bad, at most the people within say 1-2 meters would be able to hear snatches of what you're listening to..

Dec 12, 2007 at 4:47 AM Post #27 of 44
I don't like earphones that fall off of my ears, they get tangled in my feet and I trip and fall on the old lady in front of me. I like my on sale purchased, and modified (easy to do) have taken tremendous abuse, been all over China, and many parts of the US, biked and hiked, yes, they are a great buy and a thrill to use. . . the one and only . . . Porta . . . . Pros. . . .

Dec 12, 2007 at 5:50 AM Post #30 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if ksc75's have grado clarity, i really don't need to ever own a grado.

Grados are much faster than the KSC-75, though not as fast as planars. The KSC-75 is like a bassier, more distant Grado to some degree, but I think the similarity is often oversold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back