I Love Wal-Mart
Oct 8, 2004 at 12:54 AM Post #16 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by null
...Unfortuantely, he probably cant get any more...

Yea, I read that, but couldnt he ask the stupid cashier to get some more out of the back or make some orders for next week and then maybe he'd make the same mistake again? I mean if an idiot like that doesn't realize a box labeled 30GB Mp3 player should cost at least 100$, there's no telling what he'd sell at what price. This is just too ridiculous to be true

Oct 8, 2004 at 1:39 AM Post #17 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zaied
Dude (Lotsa expletitives here)! Go back and buy a couple more and we'll Pay pal you 30$ for each one. Man you'd rock my world if you could do that.

Hmm... But I already have a Dell DJ that's working fine. I know, ebay!!!
icon10.gif

Oct 8, 2004 at 1:52 AM Post #18 of 46
Based on the look on the cashier's face when the register said $10, I know it was the last one. Good as new, though for some reason Nomad Explorer isn't working. It recognizes that the Xtra's connected, but it won't open it up. MediaSource is working, however, so I'm currently loading some Alice in Chains and Kyuss on there.

As for me lying about this, why would I? It seems like a pretty dumb thing to make up, especially since it's online. I can scan the reciept if you don't believe me, and if I can dig it up.

Oct 8, 2004 at 3:36 AM Post #20 of 46
no Wal-Mart near my house
frown.gif

Oct 8, 2004 at 4:29 AM Post #22 of 46
Interesting issue. If you tender $200 for a Nomad and the clerk makes a mistake and gives you back too much money and the price ends up being only $100, or $10, or whatever, do you walk away and keep the money and say nothing?
confused.gif

Oct 8, 2004 at 4:43 AM Post #24 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilS
Interesting issue. If you tender $200 for a Nomad and the clerk makes a mistake and gives you back too much money and the price ends up being only $100, or $10, or whatever, do you walk away and keep the money and say nothing?
confused.gif

I would.

Yeah, I'm not a honest person, blah blah. I worked in the food "industry" for 3 years. I never ONCE had a person return money to me. (No, I didn't give them the right change everytime. Many times they'd walk out and I think "Wait, that was a $20 bill I gave them. crap!")

Oct 8, 2004 at 5:21 AM Post #25 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Head Creep
Based on the look on the cashier's face when the register said $10, I know it was the last one. Good as new, though for some reason Nomad Explorer isn't working. It recognizes that the Xtra's connected, but it won't open it up. MediaSource is working, however, so I'm currently loading some Alice in Chains and Kyuss on there.

As for me lying about this, why would I? It seems like a pretty dumb thing to make up, especially since it's online. I can scan the reciept if you don't believe me, and if I can dig it up.

NO NO I wasnt implying that you were lying. I was just trying to say that it's really funny and odd that that happened anybody else might just say you were making it up. I just wonder how the hell these things happen!
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 8, 2004 at 5:47 AM Post #26 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepkyng
damn! nice score!

meanwhile, walmart continues to pay mexicans under the counter 3 dollars an hour...

Really? Do they pay that little money to (I am guessing) illegal Mexicans?
confused.gif

Oct 8, 2004 at 5:56 AM Post #27 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilS
confused.gif

Under those circumstances, I would say something. I would have gone up there paying $200 in the first place, so the sale would not have been based on a different price. By saying something, I wouldn't be losing anything I had already planned on losing. In this situation, the register rang up the Nomad as $10. It was in the system as $10, no error on the part of the cashier. Something in the system went haywire, and I just happened to be there for it. I felt kinda wrong until I walked out the door, like I had just stolen something.

Oct 8, 2004 at 10:59 AM Post #29 of 46
do NOT pay for OTHER people's mistake, cause other people won't pay for YOUR MISTAKE.

if somehow it shows up as $10, then too bad for them, i'm buying it and i wont say a word cause i didn't intent to cheat them, plus they can very well sell it for whatever price they like.

don't mix honesty up with responsibility. its NOT your responsibility to tell them that the item isn't $10, its not called honesty when you do it, i'd call you stupid.

Oct 8, 2004 at 11:22 AM Post #30 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by ixeo
do NOT pay for OTHER people's mistake, cause other people won't pay for YOUR MISTAKE.

if somehow it shows up as $10, then too bad for them, i'm buying it and i wont say a word cause i didn't intent to cheat them, plus they can very well sell it for whatever price they like.

don't mix honesty up with responsibility. its NOT your responsibility to tell them that the item isn't $10, its not called honesty when you do it, i'd call you stupid.

Disagree. Right is right and wrong is still wrong. Morally and ethically, I think you stand up and do what's right. I won't get into religion but it's what He would have us do. Tests come in every form.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back