I Love Wal-Mart
Oct 7, 2004 at 10:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 46

Head Creep

Headphoneus Supremus
I just got back from Wal-Mart, since I dug up a thread on using ear plugs with Sony EX71's (my main complaint about the EX51's is sound isolation). While I was there, I decided to go check out the electronics section, mostly for laughs. For some reason, underneath a glass case for video games in a somewhat off-to-the-side aisle, there was one Nomad Zen Xtra, with no price. Just out of curiosity, I asked what the price was. And then, the angels sang. $10. Needless to say, I am the proud owner of a new 30GB Zen Xtra, as well as ear plugs and a beanie.

Moral of the story: Wal-Mart rules.

Oct 7, 2004 at 10:27 PM Post #3 of 46
Congrats!
You're a lucky...
evil_smiley.gif

$10- Damn
frown.gif

Oct 7, 2004 at 10:45 PM Post #6 of 46
damn! nice score!

meanwhile, walmart continues to pay mexicans under the counter 3 dollars an hour, monopolize the market and spread the urban sprawl like the cancer it is!

woohoo!

(on a side note, that is seriously cool that you got a good price, but it came with a price)

Oct 7, 2004 at 10:46 PM Post #7 of 46
calling wal-mart right now... gonna check the price at the local one...

these people are imcompentant... been waiting for like 2 mins with no sound while she "checks the price"

no stock - checking another
waiting... longer

no dice, oh well...

Oct 7, 2004 at 10:54 PM Post #8 of 46
Holy crap. You MUST be kidding me.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 7, 2004 at 10:54 PM Post #9 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Head Creep
I just got back from Wal-Mart, since I dug up a thread on using ear plugs with Sony EX71's (my main complaint about the EX51's is sound isolation). While I was there, I decided to go check out the electronics section, mostly for laughs. For some reason, underneath a glass case for video games in a somewhat off-to-the-side aisle, there was one Nomad Zen Xtra, with no price. Just out of curiosity, I asked what the price was. And then, the angels sang. $10. Needless to say, I am the proud owner of a new 30GB Zen Xtra, as well as ear plugs and a beanie.

Moral of the story: Wal-Mart rules.

Excuse me. You said $10. Did you mean $100? Must've been a discontinued return priced by an inept manager
biggrin.gif
. Either way, you scored good...

Oct 8, 2004 at 12:46 AM Post #14 of 46
Dude (Lotsa expletitives here)! Go back and buy a couple more and we'll Pay pal you 30$ for each one. Man you'd rock my world if you could do that.

Edit: Pics of receipt and player!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back