I love the cold weather. You too?
Jan 31, 2010 at 2:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 43

Spareribs

Headphoneus Supremus
It was about 18 degrees farenheit today and really cold. Yesterday, I had to go to a beach in New Jersey to take care of some business and as I walked the empty boardwalk, it was very very windy and with the wind chill factor, it must have easily been zero degrees!

I mean it was so devestatingly cold even my winter coat was not enough but I still loved the thrill of being such a forbidden area where it was empty. Ocean winter is fierce. The winter Atlantic Ocean is brutal. I think the cold weather helps me to bond with nature in a and silent mysterious way. Winter can be powerful. I like it.

Jan 31, 2010 at 3:02 AM Post #2 of 43
So you like cold weather and you are ok with threads being deleted. Glad we got that cleared up.
wink.gif

As I get older, I HATE the cold. H-A-T-E!!! I now understand why old farts move to Florida and Phoenix.

Jan 31, 2010 at 3:04 AM Post #3 of 43
Quote:

So you like cold weather and you are ok with threads being deleted. Glad we got that cleared up.

Ribs has always thought a little too highly of himself and the things he says. I really do believe the man's rockin' the cheeba.

I don't like extreme cold or extreme heat. If I want to feel something, I'll just stick a pen in my thigh.

Jan 31, 2010 at 3:05 AM Post #4 of 43
I understand but if properly dressed (which can be tough in extreme zones) the cold winter air can be refreshing as you slowly breath it in. You have to be in natural areas of isolation. It can have it's beautiful moments.

Jan 31, 2010 at 3:05 AM Post #5 of 43
I love the cold! (I am 17) It didn't get above 24 farenheit today. We also have about 10'' of snow on the ground
smily_headphones1.gif
. I love winter!

Jan 31, 2010 at 3:13 AM Post #7 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spareribs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It can have it's beautiful moments.

Definitely, I went for a run today on a snow covered trail. It can feel symbiotic when one is alone among such a stretching white scale. You feel your furnace and your muscles more too. Every action is magnified.

A little is okay but screw long winters.

Jan 31, 2010 at 3:16 AM Post #8 of 43
In my country, its pretty much like 10 months summer and 2 months winter, that also, not very cold. The coldest temperature we had this year was around 41 Fahrenheit. So, scarcity of winter has led me to love it.
biggrin.gif

Jan 31, 2010 at 3:18 AM Post #9 of 43
That's a good point. Long winters can be hard but when the winter is long and you look out into an empty bleak field there is that feeling of emptiness that's timeless. Sometimes I like that drone of winter.

Jan 31, 2010 at 3:31 AM Post #11 of 43
I'll take rain over extreme cold any day - I loved living in west of the Cascades in Oregon. Never gets that cold and it is wet enough for everything to be green and lush.

High temperatures don't bother me, either. I actually prefer Arizona in the summer, when the heat runs off all the snowbirds and tourists. The evenings are sublime. You can hang all night next to a pool. It'll still be 85 out and the pool will be as warm if not warmer. It makes up for the blowtorch hot daytime.

Jan 31, 2010 at 3:40 AM Post #13 of 43
I love cold weather, but only temperature drops: I hate the wind chill. I can handle the -40 degree F temperatures of a Fairbanks winter just happily, but the -40 degree F temperatures with a wind chill dropping ambient down to -70 at work just kill...

Jan 31, 2010 at 4:17 AM Post #14 of 43
I also love the rain. I hate extremely hot weather but I also hate extremely cold weather, especially if it's windy. Maybe that's why my favorite seasons are fall and spring. I do like the wintertime but sometimes the cold gets to me.

Jan 31, 2010 at 4:21 AM Post #15 of 43
I don't mind extreme cold, extreme heat, heavy rain or snow, as long as it's not windy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back