I love the cold weather. You too?
Jan 31, 2010 at 4:29 AM Post #17 of 43
I love winter.

In Southern California.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 31, 2010 at 4:31 AM Post #18 of 43
I'll take the cold of winter over the hot of summer anytime. I really don't like the heat, there is only so much you can take off to get cooler, whereas in the winter you can always put on thicker/warmer clothing to stay warm.

Jan 31, 2010 at 5:30 AM Post #20 of 43
I like the cold, but I think that the long winter tends to bring me down...

Jan 31, 2010 at 5:30 AM Post #21 of 43
When walking outside in the winter, I enjoy the fact that I can shove a spoon in my ear and it distracts from the pain. I've seen snowmen around here hang themselves because winter is that bad
frown.gif
I think I'll need a move after college, nuff said!

Jan 31, 2010 at 6:32 AM Post #22 of 43
it was 2 degrees out today, screw the cold.

Jan 31, 2010 at 7:50 AM Post #23 of 43
I love the cold too .can bare extreme winters but not summers and totally agree with the OPs idea of better bonding with nature in winters.
Winters also makes me lazy and difficult to get out of bed .hehehe

Jan 31, 2010 at 8:01 AM Post #24 of 43
It is easier to warm up from icy cold weather than to cool down from hot temperatures. It's a huge benefit and feels good. You haven't talked about the cold yet, last week we got to enjoy -30 °C (-22 °F) temperatures and slight wind. After such a froze a nice cup of coffee is a whole new experience. But I generally would like to live in warmer countries, it can't be that healthy to have frostbites and stuff.

In the summer we long after the nice, cold days of January and now I hope it gets warmer real soon.

Jan 31, 2010 at 8:38 AM Post #25 of 43
No, really do not love it at all.
-13°C (9°F) right now. With a humidity of 90% and some wind it is really chilly.

Come spring!

Jan 31, 2010 at 9:56 AM Post #26 of 43
I hate cold! Nature itself hates cold: birds fly south, fishes and frogs hide in the mud, mammals hibernate, trees loose their leaves, the body gives alarm signals because damage threatens. And where is the fun in wearing 5 layers of clothes?
Which is why I left the Netherlands for a month-long vacation and type this on my netbook in my shorts under a Malaysian Palmtree. The beer is cold but that's okay.
beerchug.gif

Jan 31, 2010 at 3:12 PM Post #27 of 43
7f?! Cold? I could walk in that with my jacket open
smily_headphones1.gif

I was walking in -25f weather a few days ago wind so hard it was actually pushing me sideways (Im pretty fit and heavy). Luckily my boots are rated for -40c and combination of leather jacket/hoodie actually works well. Its all about what your used to a I guess...

Jan 31, 2010 at 3:44 PM Post #29 of 43
I don't miss the cold; The low 40F is cold enough for me. Heat is only a problem due to humidity. I was a lot more miserable on the East Coast on a 90F/90% humidity day then I am when it hits 105F in the desert. 115F is pretty nasty and a day to stay indoors.

Jan 31, 2010 at 6:47 PM Post #30 of 43
I'm with Spareribs on this one. Peaceful desolation when its so cold and quiet no one else is outside. It helps to be built like a bear, most slim people think I'm nuts for liking the cold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back