I LOVE my PPAS
Oct 16, 2006 at 10:50 PM Post #31 of 37
Quote:

anyone have experience with both the pint and the ppas, i've got some ppas boards i haven't built yet, i've just been happy with my pint, but still curious to see if i want to build a ppas, or just jump into an M^3

The Pint is a completely different circuit. It has no buffers. The PPAS would be like a PPAv1. The M^3 is a bit different from any. Search for PPA vs. M3 comparisons here, but you should know that any amp can sound totally and completely different from an amp using the exact same circuit but different parts.

Dec 15, 2009 at 12:16 AM Post #32 of 37
Anyone still building these?

They are great little amps.

Even sounds good out of the HP jack of my new Touch 3G (PS - I need to know where to get a good but cheap 3G LOD cable)

I think I still have one board stashed away that I will build someday.

Dec 15, 2009 at 12:47 AM Post #33 of 37
I have a couple of uncased boards, will get to it some day.
tongue.gif

Dec 15, 2009 at 4:50 AM Post #35 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by vixr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I still have the original 5 boards I bought from the first GB...is there a finalized BOM? I would like to try it out.

All of the info on the original board (including a BOM) is available at:
PPAS (PPA v1

I agree it's an awesome amplifier. I think I'll give one as a present this year
smily_headphones1.gif

May 2, 2019 at 9:13 PM Post #36 of 37
Memories! I pulled this amp out tonight. I wonder how long rechargeable 9v batteries are good for. They were removed but are really old now. Tenergy or something like that.

May 3, 2019 at 5:34 PM Post #37 of 37
Memories! I pulled this amp out tonight. I wonder how long rechargeable 9v batteries are good for. They were removed but are really old now. Tenergy or something like that.

I had Tenergy batteries in my PIMETAs. They don't last 10 years, that's for sure.

EDIT: The same cautions apply. There is a wide range of battery sizes and voltage. Some are 7.2, some are 8.4. Some are a greater thickness than others, too.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back