I like the SR60 over 325i, totally confused
Aug 3, 2005 at 3:13 PM Post #17 of 46
SR225s gave me minor tinnitus. Stopped using them and now use HD600s. I'm not saying Grado's cause issue, but I read it enough here to wonder. I NEVER see a thread with people having tinnitus with Sennheisers or other cans.

I thought the RS1s were more forward then the Prestige series?

I'm also curious about the HP1000 series as well. A super nuetral can intrigues me. Gotta check the meets forum...

-Alex

Aug 3, 2005 at 3:50 PM Post #18 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cerebral_Mamba
Could you please specify what Grado you had this issue with.

SR125 with flat pads

Aug 3, 2005 at 3:50 PM Post #19 of 46
Actually, I personally think that cans such as the SA5k can be more painful after long listening sessions, but yea, many people complained about ear problems due to long Grado use, so I guess they're not for everybody. Hopefully that'll never happen to me
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 3, 2005 at 4:13 PM Post #21 of 46
Have you ever try Senn's headphones? You may feel comfortable with it. I'm sure if you want here bigger sound stage, Senn is kink of phone can give you want you want. After all, Senn is a very balanced phone in my mind.
580smile.gif

Aug 3, 2005 at 4:18 PM Post #22 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by congqin
Have you ever try Senn's headphones? You may feel comfortable with it. I'm sure if you want here bigger sound stage, Senn is kink of phone can give you want you want. After all, Senn is a very balanced phone in my mind.
580smile.gif

Ssssshhhh....you'll piss off the Grado fanboys!
580smile.gif

-Alex

Aug 3, 2005 at 4:39 PM Post #23 of 46
Sounds more like some folks are just listening at to high volume levels with their cans.

Use your God-given senses.

Aug 3, 2005 at 4:43 PM Post #24 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt. Z
Sounds more like some folks are just listening at to high volume levels with their cans.

Why? It's easier to place the blame elsewhere, hire a lawyer, and sue somebody.
wink.gif

Seriously, if a judge ever awarded somebody a judgement for hearing loss due to Grado headphones, that would be the end of the hobby.

Aug 3, 2005 at 4:49 PM Post #25 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt. Z

I know you didn't direct this at me, but I just wanted to state that I listened at very safe levels. The same levels I listen to my UM2s and HD600s which never fatigue me.

-Alex

Aug 3, 2005 at 4:59 PM Post #26 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ttvetjanu
I tried SR-60's today, and they were IMHO very comfortable. Nothing to complain at all (with comfies).

exact same thing for me

grados are known to be more fatigueing especially than sennheisers, maybe you should try some HD650, if you want some more bass. Seriously comfort is a bigger issue than alot of people think, even though you might like the sound quality of a can it diminishes from the "fun" of listening to it. For how many offerings of good sound quality that there are I would take comfort almost over anything.

Aug 3, 2005 at 5:07 PM Post #28 of 46
What a coincedence (maybe?)- I have the same problem with my left ear and SR-60s.

Aug 3, 2005 at 5:58 PM Post #29 of 46
Grado cans do the same thing to me. Try the Alessandro line if you like the Grado sound but dont want the pain
cool.gif

Aug 3, 2005 at 6:00 PM Post #30 of 46
With my SR-60s and SR-225s, no matter what source I use---a Sony portable CDP, my Rotel integrated amp, or my HeadRoom Maxed Out Home---the SR-225 is way brighter. Of the three sources, the only one that makes the SR-225s really listenable is the Rotel integrated.

I think some people are just more sensitive to high frequencies.

Jeffery

Users who are viewing this thread

Back