I like music without vocals, recommend me some songs/albums
Jan 19, 2008 at 4:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

RadiKalDreamerX

Head-Fier
So I guess my favorite genres are electronica/trance, and smooth jazz (jazz is way better without vocals), mostly newer titles.

Jan 19, 2008 at 6:44 PM Post #2 of 16
Jazz without vocals I first think of Jean-Luc Ponte
although that is probably more jazz-fusion, it is altogether awesome with headphones
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 19, 2008 at 6:57 PM Post #3 of 16
I know it might not fit into your categories of music, but the Beastie Boys have a couple albums that are just beats and rhythms without lyrics. The latest is "the Mix-Up."

Jan 19, 2008 at 7:33 PM Post #4 of 16
Carribean Jazz Project & individual works by the members of CJP - great smooth jazz with a variety in intstrumentation that I enjoy.

Jan 20, 2008 at 12:37 AM Post #9 of 16
Sounds like a fusion of electronica and jazz might be the genre for you.
Some Nu-Jazz or Electro jazz maybe (there might be some vocals samples sprinkled in):

Try anything by DJ Cam and St. Germain

Jan 20, 2008 at 10:08 AM Post #11 of 16
Try something by Medeski Martin & Wood. I would recommend "Combustication" with DJ Shadow or "Out Louder" with John Scofield.

It's very funky/kinetic jazz, no vocals, lots of great sound textures that are often reminiscent of electronic music. Careful, some of there recordings are pretty weird/abstract. Start with one of the recordings I suggested and you'll be happy.

Jan 22, 2008 at 4:52 AM Post #13 of 16
x2 on cinematic orchestra. You might also like Sigur Ros, there are "vocals" but he's not actually saying anything and his voice doesn't even sound human
smily_headphones1.gif
I thought his voice was computer generated until I saw them play live... I was a bit surprised.

Jan 31, 2008 at 3:52 AM Post #14 of 16
This is not just a "nu jazz" thread. Posters can recommend any music they like without vocals; even good sounding instrumental versions of tracks.

Jan 31, 2008 at 4:03 AM Post #15 of 16
I highly recommend anything by the band Pelican. Especially their latest album City of Echoes. Also check out This Will Destroy You: Young Mountain. Explosions in the Sky is an excellent band as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back