I just purchased the...
Jul 21, 2010 at 7:03 PM Post #16 of 43

Quote:
So what is way better than the Coppers at for much lower than $250?

if you find out, let me know and i get a pair 
popcorn.gif

Jul 21, 2010 at 7:19 PM Post #17 of 43
If for detail, then no!

Jul 21, 2010 at 7:43 PM Post #18 of 43

Quote:
So what is way better than the Coppers at for much lower than $250?

From most expensive (under $250) to cheapest:

-UE Triple Fi 10 or Audio Technicha ATH-CK 10 (if you find a good price)

Under $200:

-Head direct RE-252
-Etymotic ER-4S
-Radius DDM
-Fischer Audio DBA-02
-Audeo Phonak PFE
-Panasonic HJE900

Under $100 (not technically better, but sound preference wise):

-Head direct RE-ZERO
-Hippo VB
-Fischer Audio Eterna
-Head direct RE-0 (One of the best bang for the back - ever).

Source: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/478568/multi-iem-review-85-iems-compared-denon-ah-c710-fischer-audio-ts-9002-added-07-15

Jul 21, 2010 at 8:18 PM Post #19 of 43
To come to the defense of the coppers:

http://www.avguide.com/review/monster-cable-turbine-pro-copper-edition-playback-31-0?page=3

Jul 21, 2010 at 8:31 PM Post #20 of 43

Quote:

Under $200:

-Head direct RE-252
-Etymotic ER-4S
-Radius DDM
-Fischer Audio DBA-02
-Audeo Phonak PFE
-Panasonic HJE900

-Head direct RE-ZERO
-Hippo VB
-Fischer Audio Eterna

Source: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/478568/multi-iem-review-85-iems-compared-denon-ah-c710-fischer-audio-ts-9002-added-07-15

Have you  heard any of those or even the Coppers? On that list I can't say one of them is clearly better than the Coppers.  I've had around half of that list and none are better so I won't comment on those I haven't heard. Some are at the same level and some are not. I may not like the signature of the Coppers and those who know me are aware of that but none of the ones that I've heard are way better at less price. I've heard the TF10, CK10, DBA02, Zero and RE0. The Coppers are up there with the best universals that I've heard just not my preference so as of now they are 5th on my scale of preference of my lineup of earphones. It is a bit strange that I'm defending the Coppers however.

Jul 21, 2010 at 8:56 PM Post #21 of 43
You have to take into account also: The warranty the Coppers come with, all the tips they come with, and then all the other little extras. No other earphone comes with as much accessories as the Coppers.

Jul 21, 2010 at 9:03 PM Post #22 of 43

Quote:
You have to take into account also: The warranty the Coppers come with, all the tips they come with, and then all the other little extras. No other earphone comes with as much accessories as the Coppers.

that's a good point, the warranty is amazing

Jul 21, 2010 at 10:25 PM Post #23 of 43

Quote:
 It is a bit strange that I'm defending the Coppers however.

Lol, that's too funny bro.  
etysmile.gif

Its nice when someone can admit to the merits of a product despite not having a personal preference for it.

Jul 21, 2010 at 10:34 PM Post #24 of 43

Quote:

Under $200:

-Head direct RE-252
-Etymotic ER-4S
-Radius DDM
-Fischer Audio DBA-02
-Audeo Phonak PFE
-Panasonic HJE900

-Head direct RE-ZERO
-Hippo VB
-Fischer Audio Eterna

Haha, you should learn to read your own evidence.  Did you ever make it down to post #8 where Joker ranks the IEM's for sound and  overall ability in the table?  Obviously not, otherwise you would have noticed the Golds are ranked 3rd overall and they are about 60% less technically capable than the Coppers which weren't even reviewed by Joker by the way.  Thx for the .01 cent opinion.  

Jul 22, 2010 at 4:22 AM Post #25 of 43
Picking one each from the BA and Dynamic crowds, The Ety ER4P/S and the DDMs both outperform the Coppers and are both considerably cheaper.

This is, of course, according to my ears and my ears cannot speak for any other ears but themselves. Cos they're selfish like that.

Jul 22, 2010 at 4:23 AM Post #26 of 43
Sure, but then again no other earphone looks quite as horrendous either.

Quote:

Jul 22, 2010 at 5:30 AM Post #27 of 43
Quote:

I take it you haven't seen the cabling on the Miles Davis, then... 
redface.gif

Jul 22, 2010 at 9:30 AM Post #28 of 43
I personally like the way the Coppers and Miles Davis look. They actually look like someone took time and effort into the way they they look. Most other IEMs just look like cheap plastic toys in comparison. 

Jul 22, 2010 at 12:53 PM Post #29 of 43

Quote:

Under $200:

-Head direct RE-252
-Etymotic ER-4S
-Radius DDM
-Fischer Audio DBA-02
-Audeo Phonak PFE
-Panasonic HJE900

-Head direct RE-ZERO
-Hippo VB
-Fischer Audio Eterna

Out of all those listed above, there are only a few I'd be interested in hearing. The CK10, DDM and the DBA-02's are intriguing.  Even still, at this price point it comes down to sound preference more than anything.  I really like the sound of my Copper's and I'm done searching for a long while.  It's all listening and enjoying now.  Oh and if anyone pays more than $250 for the Copper's these days, I'd be surprised.  Given their customer support, warranty, accessories and sound quality, the MTPC's are a good deal in my book (I paid under $250).

Jul 22, 2010 at 12:56 PM Post #30 of 43

Quote:

I can't see them when they're in my ears, and I avoid mirrors at all costs.. LOL  Then again, I don't care what they look like as long as they sound good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back