I just ordered ESW9s!
Jan 24, 2009 at 9:43 PM Post #16 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL. To be perfectly honest, this particular purchase was driven more by the wood-and-leather (does that sound kinky?) than the ESW9's alleged sonic characteristics. That said, reviews here implied that they'd complement my darker cans well, do classical better than anything I currently have, etc. So of course, that...made justifying buying a pair of ~NZD570 headphones easier.

Andddddddddddd they sound like iBuds with more bass.

Jan 24, 2009 at 9:56 PM Post #17 of 48
Shrug. To you they do, but many others seem to think otherwise. Not everyone likes the sound, but just in terms of sound sig., your perception is a minority one. I guess I'll find out for myself in a week or two! If I don't like them, to the FS forum it goes!

Jan 24, 2009 at 10:02 PM Post #18 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZephyrSapphire /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Having this view of the ESW9 would indicate to me that you seem to have an ear for not being able to distinguish very many details. Do you use a hearing aide when listening? I understand that this can muddy up sound a bit. Or maybe you have a hearing problem which can also be a symptom of the lack of ability to distinguish between sounds.

Sorry if you are just an old guy like me who is beginning to age. I am still getting fairly good response out of my hearing so far. I hope I continue to be able to distinguish sounds for some years to come. My ESW9s are a bit muddy but with my Nuforce Icon Mobile the synergy is much better than some other of my portable amps that I could use except for my TTVJ portable. With the Nuforce the ESW9s become much brighter in comparison to what they otherwise would be.

Jan 24, 2009 at 10:26 PM Post #19 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Having this view of the ESW9 would indicate to me that you seem to have an ear for not being able to distinguish very many details. Do you use a hearing aide when listening? I understand that this can muddy up sound a bit. Or maybe you have a hearing problem which can also be a symptom of the lack of ability to distinguish between sounds.

Sorry if you are just an old guy like me who is beginning to age. I am still getting fairly good response out of my hearing so far. I hope I continue to be able to distinguish sounds for some years to come. My ESW9s are a bit muddy but with my Nuforce Icon Mobile the synergy is much better than some other of my portable amps that I could use except for my TTVJ portable. With the Nuforce they become much brighter in comparison to what they otherwise would be.

19 turning 20. Hearing is still clear. Unable to distinguish many details? No. To begin with I'm an analytical/detail-oriented Head-fier. I find enjoyment in being able to separate/dissect the music, note by note. It's the can. It's just bad. Everything coming out of it is just congested and muffled. Bass is absolutely downright muddy regardless whether it came out from an amp or not. Sydney Head-fiers agree as well. ESW10JPN wasn't much of an improvement at all. It just looked more shiny.

Jan 24, 2009 at 10:46 PM Post #20 of 48
intersting muddy bass, i think the amp have gained on that area bit too much...

Jan 24, 2009 at 10:56 PM Post #21 of 48
Quote:

there must be a reason why you feel you need to continuously post bashing remarks against the ESW9.

did some audio-technica molest you as a child?

Jan 24, 2009 at 10:57 PM Post #22 of 48
popcorn.gif

Jan 24, 2009 at 10:59 PM Post #23 of 48
popcorn.gif

Jan 24, 2009 at 11:56 PM Post #24 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gberg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
there must be a reason why you feel you need to continuously post bashing remarks against the ESW9.

Nope. I'm just stating my opinion on how bad it is and expecting flames from fanboys.
biggrin.gif
Besides, people bash Ultrasone and expect flames from fanboys of Ultrasone as well.
biggrin.gif
As if we don't do bashing on this forum anyways. *cough* Bose *cough*

Jan 25, 2009 at 12:09 AM Post #25 of 48
Yay! I get to be
evil_smiley.gif
's advocate
Quote:

Enjoy your wooden supraaural version of the iBuds with more bass. Ngeaha! Okay. Enough. Flamesuit on.

Oh come on, touch hyperbolic are we being?
Quote:

19 turning 20. Hearing is still clear. Unable to distinguish many details? No. To begin with I'm an analytical/detail-oriented Head-fier. I find enjoyment in being able to separate/dissect the music, note by note. It's the can. It's just bad. Everything coming out of it is just congested and muffled. Bass is absolutely downright muddy regardless whether it came out from an amp or not. Sydney Head-fiers agree as well. ESW10JPN wasn't much of an improvement at all. It just looked more shiny.

Saying just that the HD600 are a much better headphone
Comparison request: ESW9 v. HD600 - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio

HD600 > ESW9 > UM2 (yes I really am ranking full sized open ~ closed portable ~ IEM). Given the state of the economy, the ESW9 costs more £ to import. Is it worth the extra? No. Being honest, what I paid was a touch on the inflated side, but value is all relative

Jan 25, 2009 at 12:59 AM Post #26 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I don't like them, to the FS forum it goes!

Not that I think you're going to sell, but I'll be on the lookout anyway.
smile.gif

Jan 25, 2009 at 1:18 AM Post #27 of 48
They'll have to be really bad for me to sell them, methinks. I've been known to defend Bose on occasion.
biggrin.gif
(Skullcandy no, Bose sometimes.) It's not that I have bad taste, I don't think. I'm just forgiving.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 25, 2009 at 1:21 AM Post #28 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gberg /img/forum/go_quote.gif

lol

Jan 25, 2009 at 2:18 AM Post #29 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFC_SL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yay! I get to be
evil_smiley.gif
's advocate

Oh come on, touch hyperbolic are we being?

Nah. Some observation of the Sydney meet. Put on ESW9/10JPN, half a minute later, take headphones off with disgusted expression. Saw that expression with some of the Sydney Head-fiers. Including myself.

Jan 25, 2009 at 2:26 AM Post #30 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol

Quote:

...half a minute later

Can't help but lol again.
Somehow the meaning of this thread was derailed fastly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back