I just had my wisdom teeth removed
Dec 21, 2006 at 4:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 64

JahJahBinks

Headphoneus Supremus
I just had my widsom teeth removed about an hour ago, I left the doctor's office with some gauze, prescriptions for painkillers, and a sheet for post operative instructions.

Woot!

how long will anaesthesia last and I also notice my left cheek remains numb while my right cheek is almost completely not numb, is that normal? Anything else I should expect?
biggrin.gif

Dec 21, 2006 at 4:33 PM Post #2 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by JahJahBinks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just had my widsom teeth removed about an hour ago, I left the doctor's office with some gauze, prescriptions for painkillers, and a sheet for post operative instructions.

Woot!

how long will anaesthesia last and I also notice my left cheek remains numb while my right cheek is almost completely not numb, is that normal? Anything else I should expect?
biggrin.gif

Dry socket, Pain that would send a granite statue of Zeus to its knees, Massive blood loss, Painful urination, Etc.

Kidding, mine didn't hurt at all. Did you get a prescription for those big happy
Tic Tacs?

Dec 21, 2006 at 4:36 PM Post #3 of 64
I still need to drive to a pharmacy to pick up those pills. When should I do it? I don't want to wait till the pain is too great but right now my lower part of the face is so numb I can't even speak a word.

Dec 21, 2006 at 4:46 PM Post #5 of 64
your recovery will depend on how much work was required to get the teeth out..... How big of a crowbar did the surgeon have to use. You are still feeling the effects of his anesthetic. When HIS runs out..... Go get your prescription filled now or better yet have someone you trust get it for you.....

Mine were okay on one side but opposite was rough. I felt fine for 6-8 hours.
For the next 3 days, I was COMPLETELY dependant on 2 things: my girlfriend( food & errands ) and meppergamon (very powerful pain reliever )....... It still hurt like nothing had ever hurt. But only on one side! Don't be unprepared for that if it goes like that for you.

Good luck and enjoy the sleepytime!

Dec 21, 2006 at 4:57 PM Post #6 of 64
well, I live by myself so I will try to manage everything.
icon10.gif
In terms of how much work was required to get the teeth out, he used drill to cut my teeth open then use a tool to yank them out, then drill then yank. It turned out that my teeth were pretty hard, so he drilled about 8-10 times and yanked about 8-10 times for each tooth. Well, what can I say? I was having a good time (I stayed awake during the whole process) when I realized the second was out and that's was when I started enjoying it. It would have been better if I had three wisdom teeth on the bottom jaw so I could enjoy it a bit more.
icon10.gif

Dec 21, 2006 at 5:06 PM Post #7 of 64
Your experience will certainly vary, I had mine out about a month ago now and I am still having some discomfort. The gums are still a bit sore and I still have holes in the back of my mouth even though I never had a dry socket, guess I was lucky enough for that. By the third day my cheeks were the size of a pomello.

But most people are much more fortunate then myself. Some people are totally fine within 1-2 weeks. I could start eating normal food about 6 days after. You'll never look at solid food the same way again
tongue.gif

Dec 21, 2006 at 5:11 PM Post #8 of 64
I was a bit surprised that the doctor did not give me any pills at his clinic. I thought he would give me a few then I will get the rest myself. Instead I just got two sheets of paper.

Dec 21, 2006 at 5:32 PM Post #9 of 64
Had all four mine removed a few years ago, two pulled, two drilled and pulled. Laughing gas at the doc's office, no painkillers afterwards. Definitely wasn't a happy camper for the first couple of days.

Dec 21, 2006 at 5:36 PM Post #10 of 64
how long did it take for you guys to be able to drink any water at all? I just tried to some water and I almost chocked myself because i couldn't move my tongue at all and my lower chin is still completely numb.

Dec 21, 2006 at 7:04 PM Post #11 of 64
Quote:

how long did it take for you guys to be able to drink any water at all? I just tried to some water and I almost chocked myself because i couldn't move my tongue at all and my lower chin is still completely numb.

Try sports cap bottles, squirt the water into your mouth, works a charm. Hope it doesn't end up being too painful!

Dec 21, 2006 at 7:10 PM Post #12 of 64
shake it off and dope up

walken.gif

Dec 21, 2006 at 7:41 PM Post #13 of 64
Quote:

well, I live by myself so I will try to manage everything.
icon10.gif
In terms of how much work was required to get the teeth out, he used drill to cut my teeth open then use a tool to yank them out, then drill then yank. It turned out that my teeth were pretty hard, so he drilled about 8-10 times and yanked about 8-10 times for each tooth. Well, what can I say? I was having a good time (I stayed awake during the whole process) when I realized the second was out and that's was when I started enjoying it. It would have been better if I had three wisdom teeth on the bottom jaw so I could enjoy it a bit more.
icon10.gif

oh my lord.
were you under at the time?? i hope so, but if you knew what he was doing the whole time, i guess not.
mine never came in on the bottom, and they have settled in nicely above, so i havn't had any problems.. i'm not crossing my fingers, only because i've heard of stories about people thinking they won't have to get them out, and having to get them taken out at 40 when problems develop. and good lord i hope to be dead by then.

Dec 21, 2006 at 8:28 PM Post #14 of 64
Hey Binks, you ok out there? Been a while since you posted. Did you make it to the pharmacy?

If you knew you were going to go to sleep you could have let us know so we wouldn't worry.

Dec 21, 2006 at 8:38 PM Post #15 of 64
Yes, i made to pharmacy with a mouth full of blood and had to wait for 20 minutes to get the pills.
biggrin.gif

Now i have a bottle of oxycodone and amoxicillin, can i take them at the same time? The doctor never told me anything about them whatsoever, this is a bit urgent so please reply back asap, thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back