I just had my wisdom teeth removed
Dec 22, 2006 at 2:16 PM Post #46 of 64
After starving myself for 24 hours I decide to go shopping, I am going to get Ensure, V8, what else do you suggest me to get? The back of the jaw where the wisdom teeth once were is swelling so I can't really chew at all.

Dec 22, 2006 at 2:49 PM Post #47 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by JahJahBinks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After starving myself for 24 hours I decide to go shopping, I am going to get Ensure, V8, what else do you suggest me to get? The back of the jaw where the wisdom teeth once were is swelling so I can't really chew at all.

Don't waste your money on that crap. Just buy fresh fruit, whey protein, ice cream and/or other ingredients, and make your own smoothies at home. Soups are also great at a time like this. Stick to vegetable only for the next few days so you don't get any flesh trapped down in one of the sockets. Rotting meat trapped in a socket will give you the breath of a diseased yak.

Dec 22, 2006 at 7:14 PM Post #49 of 64
One annoying thing I noticed is that thick spittle formed in my mouth from saliva. I can't really swallow them because they are very sticky and I can't spit them out but that will affect healing of the sockets.

Speaking of pain, quite contrary from what you all expected, so far I have only taken one oxycodone since the teeth extraction and the pains are all gone, so I don't see the need of taking another one. so the only pill I take is antibiotics and it will last for a week without refill once they run out (according to prescription)

Dec 22, 2006 at 7:23 PM Post #50 of 64
Quote:

I just had my widsom teeth removed about an hour ago, I left the doctor's office with some gauze, prescriptions for painkillers, and a sheet for post operative instructions.

Woot!

how long will anaesthesia last and I also notice my left cheek remains numb while my right cheek is almost completely not numb, is that normal? Anything else I should expect?
biggrin.gif

I had all 4 out in 02..One of my wisdom teeth was rotted..Had yellow & green fluid stains on my tooth..The tooth was half way gone..

Dec 22, 2006 at 7:23 PM Post #51 of 64
regarding the spittle, I had that problem when I first got home after the surgery. The dental assistant said not to rinse, but if I wanted to, I could put water in my mouth and then let it flow out. I also tried to get as much saliva on my tongue and tried to wipe it off, so it's not bothering me anymore..

24 hours after surgery, you can start to rinse gently with salt water [1/2 teaspoon in 8 oz of water].

Dec 22, 2006 at 7:28 PM Post #52 of 64
Yeah, I was a bad case - they had to remove bone to get them out. I was in a lot of pain afterwards. They had to put pain killer soaked towels (small ones) in the holes. After that, things got much better.

Dec 22, 2006 at 8:31 PM Post #53 of 64
right now i can still see minor bleeding from under the clot on the sockets, should i put gauze on top or should i not do anything? I am afraid that if I put gauze it might dislocate the clot.

Dec 24, 2006 at 2:31 AM Post #54 of 64
i am in better shape now but chewing is still difficult with all the swelling, what should i do? some sources say you should ice your cheeks for the first 24 hours then apply heat for the next 24 hours.

Dec 24, 2006 at 3:05 AM Post #55 of 64
I had all four of mine removed at once... they put me under for this adventure.... I couldn't open my mouth for about three days.... my savior was chocolate milkshakes.... tasted good and the cold helped quite a bit...

Dec 24, 2006 at 5:07 AM Post #56 of 64
I had 2 root canals in the last 6 months, & need two more..4-6 of my teeth are dissolving..One is cracked..Another is decayed to the point that you can't even call it a tooth anymore, & the swelling around the gums is huge.. Last week I was in so much pain I tried yanking out my tooth with pliers..Blood came out but I didn't have the balls to go through with it..Anyway, an hr later the pain went away, & has been fine since.. Just minor pain at times..

Dec 25, 2006 at 6:42 AM Post #58 of 64
Quote:

i have a question on antibiotics, the prescription lasts for 7 days, should i take all of them? I don't know when to stop.

yes.

Dec 25, 2006 at 8:08 AM Post #59 of 64
When I had my wisdom teeth taken out, the pain medication upset my stomach, so I just didn't take it after the first day or two. Apparently the surgeon missed removing a tiny shred of bone and the hole sealed up with it still inside, which became infected. Then, as I was playing trumpet in my high school band, the infection burst. It... was... gross. Just thought I'd share!
biggrin.gif

If you have a blender, get some vanilla ice cream, milk, and creme de menthe to make yourself some soothing mint milkshakes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back