I just got the biggest bull**** citation..
Jul 4, 2008 at 3:52 AM Post #16 of 100
Quote:

And I part of me going out of the country (leaving tomorrow) is to meet some of my dads friends because I have been working on my own clothing company and I have to talk to them about it.

I don't have an issue with kids whose parents buy them nice cars, unless they abuse the privilege by driving extra reckless. (Which seems to be the case many a time)

Snice, just be more careful next time.

Jul 4, 2008 at 3:54 AM Post #17 of 100
Not at all, its what I have spent most of my time on this summer and its part of the reason my parents don't mind me not having a job. They do not mind as long as I am doing something productive with my time.

Like, I really do not want to get into this debate but I have had my license for almost 2 years now and never got pulled over until today.

Jul 4, 2008 at 3:56 AM Post #18 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snicewicz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not at all, its what I have spent most of my time on this summer and its part of the reason my parents don't mind me not having a job. They do not mind as long as I am doing something productive with my time.

Like, I really do not want to get into this debate but I have had my license for almost 2 years now and never got pulled over until today.

Not getting pulled over does not mean safe driving. I did 110 MPH for 4 hours on a long ass road trip. Didnt get a ticket. The next day I got hit for 28 in a 25. Bad luck =P

Jul 4, 2008 at 3:57 AM Post #19 of 100
You aren't allowed accelerating quickly in Ohio? I honestly did not know that. It kinda sucks too because I made a deal with myself when I got a sportbike: I would never go above around 80mph (even on the highway), but I was allowed to get to 80 as quickly as possible.
biggrin.gif

Jul 4, 2008 at 3:57 AM Post #20 of 100
Well, do you normally drive a tad aggressive? If so, consider this a wake up call. If not, just deal with the consequences and chalk it up to bad luck.

Jul 4, 2008 at 3:59 AM Post #21 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, do you normally drive a tad aggressive? If so, consider this a wake up call. If not, just deal with the consequences and chalk it up to bad luck.

Occasionally, but I never go over 72 on the freeway, and the only time I drive 'aggressive' is on empty country roads. I follow the speed limits in residential and everywhere else except for 72 on the free way (cruise control)

Like I said I had to get over so I had to be aggressive if I did not want to drive another 30 minutes longer because I missed my exit. Its not like I constantly drive like that, it was a one time thing to try and get on my exit.

Jul 4, 2008 at 4:00 AM Post #22 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jussei /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You aren't allowed accelerating quickly in Ohio? I honestly did not know that. It kinda sucks too because I made a deal with myself when I got a sportbike: I would never go above around 80mph (even on the highway), but I was allowed to get to 80 as quickly as possible.
biggrin.gif

Most states started that law to fight street racings. After people started getting nabbed with over the limit tickets + speed racing they started to just accelerate quickly to the speed limit.

Jul 4, 2008 at 4:00 AM Post #23 of 100
If they pull over for foot to floor driving I will get a ton of citations, the car I will be driving is a 2 Ton car and it has 138 HP, I have to floor the thing to get it going 65 on local highways :p

Just go to the court and tell the judge what you honestly did. Also I have heard of people doing this. If you can't get the citation removed from your record and forgotten about, ask the judge to remove it from your record, however on your next citation, it comes back. So if you have clean driving for a year the citation is removed and history, but if you get pulled over again, you get it on your record.

Jul 4, 2008 at 4:03 AM Post #24 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanTheMiataMan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Most states started that law to fight street racings. After people started getting nabbed with over the limit tickets + speed racing they started to just accelerate quickly to the speed limit.

Hmm... interesting, thanks for the insight. Sad thing is, I'm never racing anyone since I don't have friends.
Also, what's next when people stop accelerating quickly? Tickets for looking too smug while driving?

Jul 4, 2008 at 4:06 AM Post #25 of 100
Street racing is awesome. You just smoke some random guy in an SUV who has no idea what the hell is going on, then head on home and pleasure yourself to Initial D.

Jul 4, 2008 at 4:07 AM Post #26 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snicewicz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Occasionally, but I never go over 72 on the freeway, and the only time I drive 'aggressive' is on empty country roads. I follow the speed limits in residential and everywhere else except for 72 on the free way (cruise control)

Like I said I had to get over so I had to be aggressive if I did not want to drive another 30 minutes longer because I missed my exit. Its not like I constantly drive like that, it was a one time thing to try and get on my exit.

Why weren't you further over in preparation for your exit? Honestly you likely screwed yourself over in this situation by stating you were going home. The officer likely took into consideration that you should know the location very well and knew well before hand you would have to cross lanes to make your exit.

You also seem to think the officer had a clue or should even care that this wasn't "normal" driving behavior. Nothing personal but that's a pretty selfish view on your part.

Jul 4, 2008 at 4:08 AM Post #27 of 100
Quote:

Hmm... interesting, thanks for the insight. Sad thing is, I'm never racing anyone since I don't have friends.
Also, what's next when people stop accelerating quickly? Tickets for looking too smug while driving?

Eh blame Fast n Furious and everyone wanting to race and risk other people lifes also. IMO keep it at the track.

Jul 4, 2008 at 4:12 AM Post #28 of 100
Well I wasn't in further preparation because some jackass likes to run a red light and force me over on the far left lane when I have a left turn arrow.

It is basically one of those wrong place wrong time deals. I know what I did was not normal driving but a warning would suffice.

Jul 4, 2008 at 4:14 AM Post #29 of 100
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanTheMiataMan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Eh blame Fast n Furious and everyone wanting to race and risk other people lifes also. IMO keep it at the track.

Certainly. I'm no advocate of racing people on public streets. I've been challenged multiple times while I've been out riding, but I just wave at the other guy in a really friendly manner and then point to a random part of the bike and it confuses him something fierce.

Jul 4, 2008 at 4:17 AM Post #30 of 100
Quote:

Certainly. I'm no advocate of racing people on public streets. I've been challenged multiple times while I've been out riding, but I just wave at the other guy in a really friendly manner and then point to a random part of the bike and it confuses him something fierce.

hahaha Brilliant

Users who are viewing this thread

Back