I just got my Gmini 220.
Feb 14, 2004 at 2:56 AM Post #16 of 29
Quote:

Originally posted by philodox
I believe he means the up and down buttons on the pad...

Exactly!
biggrin.gif

gmini220.jpg

peacesign.gif

Mar 1, 2004 at 4:05 PM Post #17 of 29
Mar 1, 2004 at 5:25 PM Post #18 of 29
I've read not so good things about the reliability of the current firmware. It's been reported that the player powers down when one tries to rewind. Of course this will be fixed by the next firmware update, but it's still annoying. So first try it before taking the plunge.

Dster, how does yours work?

peacesign.gif

Mar 1, 2004 at 5:32 PM Post #19 of 29
Quote:

Originally posted by JaZZ
I've read not so good things about the reliability of the current firmware. It's been reported that the player powers down when one tries to rewind. Of course this will be fixed by the next firmware update, but it's still annoying. So first try it before taking the plunge.

Dster, how does yours work?

peacesign.gif

According to the list of updates, this problem has been solved for two firmware versions.

Go to http://www.archos.com/download/firmw...OS_History.txt

to check.

By the way, I had the 220, not the 120. It wouldn't work with my simpletech compact flash card, the screen was very dim, the battery life was about 6 hours, and the resume/playlist functions were excessively buggy. So, I returned it. I have no idea how many of these issues would affect the 120.

Mar 1, 2004 at 5:35 PM Post #20 of 29
Oh, I see you have edited your post. That's not good news at all. So I'm not sure if the Gmini will stay on my wishlist.

I for one was always referring to the 220.

peacesign.gif

Mar 1, 2004 at 6:04 PM Post #21 of 29
Quote:

Oh, I see you have edited your post. That's not good news at all. So I'm not sure if the Gmini will stay on my wishlist.

I for one was always referring to the 220.

peacesign.gif

I'm usually quite impatient, but I've decided to wait for a HD based player that is really worth the money, but isn't the ipod.

This thread outlines the reasons why I won't buy an ipod. Right now the upcoming ihp 300 looks like it will be ideal, and be able to store photos. check out http://www.misticriver.net for preview info on it.

Mar 1, 2004 at 6:17 PM Post #22 of 29
Dster...
Quote:

Right now the upcoming ihp 300 looks like it will be ideal...

...are you sure?
rolleyes.gif
I don't like the sound of the iHP-100 line, and I was so in love with the sound of the Gmini 220!
frown.gif

And the iHP-300 is so ugly... Really, I'm not very picky in terms of esthetics -- it's the sound that counts --, but this thing...
biggrin.gif

peacesign.gif

Mar 1, 2004 at 6:31 PM Post #23 of 29
Jazz, I agree... archos has great sounding players... but Dster is right, they are buggy when first introduced...

its the main reason why I didnt buy a multimedia 20 or 120... too many problems...

when they get it right they REALLY get it right though... most of the time with the archos players it seems to be software/firmware catching up to the hardware... they are well worth the wait though, I am very happy with my av320
biggrin.gif

Mar 1, 2004 at 7:32 PM Post #24 of 29
Quote:

And the iHP-300 is so ugly... Really, I'm not very picky in terms of esthetics -- it's the sound that counts --, but this thing...
biggrin.gif

Ok, I'm confused. From what I've seen, the 300 series is one hot mp3 player. I've heard people say that they don't like it. Are we all talking about the same thing, namely this?

I think this looks great! Better than the ipod! I want one!
rolleyes.gif

Mar 1, 2004 at 7:40 PM Post #25 of 29
well, this is just my opinion... but I think it looks pretty ugly... but then again, lots of people feel that way about my mp3 player, so who knows?

Mar 1, 2004 at 7:40 PM Post #26 of 29
Well it's not so bad as it looked from the other Pictures -- it really seems to depend what's on the display.

What features does it have (outputs, EQ...), how much storage capacity is it available with? iRiver Nordic is not very communicative.

peacesign.gif

Mar 1, 2004 at 8:04 PM Post #27 of 29
Quote:

Well it's not so bad as it looked from the other Pictures -- it really seems to depend what's on the display.

What features does it have (outputs, EQ...), how much storage capacity is it available with? iRiver Nordic is not very communicative.

I'm guessing that it will be identical to the existing 100 series, except for the USB on the go, and photo mode. I hope.

Mar 1, 2004 at 8:19 PM Post #28 of 29
Quote:

Originally posted by philodox
well, this is just my opinion... but I think it looks pretty ugly... but then again, lots of people feel that way about my mp3 player...

Very true!
very_evil_smiley.gif
But don't worry... there's still the Gmini 120.
evil_smiley.gif

peacesign.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back