I just can't decide
Jan 18, 2011 at 4:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

magicianky

New Head-Fier
It seems upgrade-itis has hit me, but I'm torn. Currently looking at the E7, NuForce Icon Mobile, and T3. Obviously my price range is around $100, and I just can't seem to decide which one to go with.

Current setup is as follows:

Fuze->custom LOD->E5/PA2V2->SE530/TF10/MTPC/ER-4S.

Prefer clarity and detail, but not at the expense of bass. Appreciate some feedback.

Thanks!

Jan 18, 2011 at 11:36 PM Post #2 of 9
Grab the T3.
If you're unsure, the T4 has bass boost, whereas the T3 has a gain selector instead, if I'm not mistaken.
You would have to find a T4 used, I think.

Jan 19, 2011 at 3:58 AM Post #4 of 9
I just ordered the E7 for my iPawd and Thinkpad.  I'm certainly not an audiophile (yet anyways), but I'd be happy to post my impressions when it gets here on friday.

Jan 19, 2011 at 4:24 PM Post #5 of 9
I had the same thought, yifu. The E7 will be here tomorrow, along with some M50's so I can graduate into a semi big-boy home setup. :)

If I like the E7 I might just have to grab the E9 down the road. 

Thanks guys!

Jan 21, 2011 at 2:21 PM Post #6 of 9
@Kiwikat - I'm using the E7 on my T400 (running XP SP-3) and it works great. Flawless plug and play. The sound is terrific.

@magic - Great choice. I use them with my M50's and the sound is just tighter and smoother. Pairing it with an E9 gives you a nice setup for under $200.

Jan 22, 2011 at 2:46 AM Post #7 of 9
Well I've got my new E7 plugged into my iPawd right now.  At first I didn't think it did much but I set the EQ to "2" and its giving me the bass I was getting from my desktop soundcard.  Music on an iPawd shouldn't sound this good!

Others seem to report a drop in the highs and mids at EQ 2 but since the HD25-1 II's are already so good in that range, its acceptable.

EDIT:  I'm actually not sold on 2 yet.  There's a massive difference between 1 and 2.  Why can't they make a 1.5 lol.

This is so bad... (for my wallet!) 
biggrin.gif

At what point do you become an "audiophile" anyways...?  I think I'm hooked!

Jan 22, 2011 at 5:15 PM Post #8 of 9
I think you are an audiophile from the time when you are constantly in the pursuit of happiness in the audio world because you are simply not satisfied. In other words, you always want more while most people usually are happy after one or two purchases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back