I just brought a headphone from a fellow head-fier here...but
Feb 8, 2010 at 11:29 AM Post #61 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by pp312 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That wasn't the point I was addressing. There's an urban myth that people can't smell themselves because it's the same substance smelling...er...the same substance, if you follow. What you're talking about is something else entirely.

Unfortunately I think the point being made was the point that David was addressing xD

Feb 8, 2010 at 11:40 AM Post #62 of 80
Sorry, but the point was not "getting used to a smell so that you no longer notice it". It was about people not being able to smell their own smell, not because they've got used to it but because it IS their smell--like not being able to smell like. It's an old wive's tale and it's incorrect.

Feb 8, 2010 at 12:17 PM Post #63 of 80
^Not really. In psychology one learns that exposure to constant stimulus over an extended period of time the brain functions eventually adapt and adjust -becoming harder and harder to detect the constant stimuli over time. Same applies to smell.

Feb 8, 2010 at 1:14 PM Post #64 of 80
Well that is worrying. I'll have to ask some friends to smell me and give me an honest opinion. Or maybe ask random people on the street for a more objective view.

Feb 8, 2010 at 2:02 PM Post #65 of 80
Ozium. This stuff will get rid of ANY smell, trust me.

ozium-handheld-sprays-273x314.jpg

Feb 8, 2010 at 5:02 PM Post #67 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by Justice Strike /img/forum/go_quote.gif
who was the seller. sure want to know to avoid... excessive modding
smily_headphones1.gif

Third page of this thread but I wouldn't hold it against him

Feb 8, 2010 at 5:54 PM Post #68 of 80
I tried to do the same to the pads but it was impossible because the smell is like permanently stuck into the fabric. So I just decided to forget about them...

I emailed Audio Technica regarding their pads and I specifically asked if their W5000 pads would fit the A700 but they didn't really answer exactly....

Quote:

The ATH-A700 ear pads are $6.90/pair and the headpads are $2.00 each. Shipping will be additional. Please provide address and credit card information. The ear pads for the ATH-W5000 are $66.90/pair.

Fit or not, that's 10x the price of the A700....
frown.gif
hmmm actually I don't think they will fit.

Feb 8, 2010 at 6:20 PM Post #69 of 80
LMAO this thread just made my day =D

Feb 8, 2010 at 10:09 PM Post #70 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by m11a1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I emailed Audio Technica regarding their pads and I specifically asked if their W5000 pads would fit the A700 but they didn't really answer exactly....

Fit or not, that's 10x the price of the A700....
frown.gif
hmmm actually I don't think they will fit.

It makes sense seeing the W5000 is a hell of a lot more expensive too. Premium headphone = premium costs.

I still can't get over your awesome cleaning job.
beerchug.gif

Feb 8, 2010 at 10:36 PM Post #71 of 80
Good that detergent idea worked out for you, it is the best way to get the smell out.

Feb 9, 2010 at 5:40 AM Post #72 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by owenhan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well that is worrying. I'll have to ask some friends to smell me and give me an honest opinion. Or maybe ask random people on the street for a more objective view.

Since the OP has stated that the smell was on the box, and (presumably) you haven't worn the box, I think we can safely say it's not you personally. More likely either something was spilt on the box or there's an odd, very permeating smell in your house, which hardly seems likely.

Perhaps better to just feel slightly humiliated and then forget all about it forever.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 22, 2010 at 10:03 AM Post #74 of 80
Hey guys!

Just an update; got my replacement pads as well as the new cable + plug the other day. So after having everything, I finished re-cabling and assembling all the parts together. Now it's better than ever
biggrin.gif

snc00151large.jpg

Sound Gooodddddd, seems warmer than stock.
atsmile.gif

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back