I just bought the ER-6i...
May 2, 2006 at 4:38 PM Post #16 of 20
Iv read that the E6's have bad microphonic problems. [tho Im embrissed to say that dont know what that means]

The UM1's seem to be more laid back, without harsh highs, and since Im a strictly soft dome guy, in Home and car audio, I think the UM1's will be good for me.

May 2, 2006 at 6:04 PM Post #18 of 20
Thanks for all the imput, im using my er6is happily now
etysmile.gif
Thanks for the help on the microphonics.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Duke_Of_Eli
UM1

Why? sir why?

May 2, 2006 at 6:36 PM Post #19 of 20
"does anybody have a picture of the ER-6i being worn in their ear? i'd like to see how it looks."

The funny thing is that, with flanged tips (my Er-6's came with bi-flanges that insert deeply), it's hard to see much earphone -- unless you have really tiny ears, most of what would be visible would be the wires going into your ear canals. In other words, the Etymotics are about as low profile as it gets.

I found the Etymotics a little hard to get out of my ears, until I found that I liked the foamies for comfort and ease of use. With the foamies, the Etymotics are more noticeable in the ear, but the "body" of the Etys is so small that the 'phones are still low profile.

May 2, 2006 at 7:11 PM Post #20 of 20
Labreahead - I've been there, done that - if the 6i goes in soo deeply that you have trouble grasping them - you really might try tips that are one size larger. An alternative to the foamies for comfort are the Shure Softflex tips (of course, they are not as isolating as foamies or triflanges but diameter of the centerstalk does properly fit er-6i), but are more comfortable than flanged tips. Due to the longer center stalk of the Shures you may feel the squarish front edge of the 6i's against your ears.......so simply nip-off a bit of that stalk so that the softflex slightly overlaps that edge. Your er-6i's will again be nearly "invisible".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back