I just bought the ER-6i...
May 1, 2006 at 8:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

FaBoLoUsRmX

100+ Head-Fier
I just bought a pair for 100 usd from J&R and if i open them i am unable to return them unless defective. Can anyone give me a good reason to return them and get somthing else?

May 1, 2006 at 8:09 PM Post #2 of 20
you went to jandr to buy them and you dont plan to open it? you didnt do your research before buying it?

yea there is something better, the i716 is only 80 bucks on amazon and its better than the er6i

Even though you do hear bass from the er6i with a good seal....the bass is not strong enough for certain music like rap.....

Vocal music tends to be great though

May 1, 2006 at 8:12 PM Post #3 of 20
I did tons of reaserch, before i got them i was on the forum for an hour. and in the case of the i716 i HATE the volume controal thing. I think it might have too much cable noise for me. plus the i716 might stick out of my ears too much.

May 1, 2006 at 8:21 PM Post #4 of 20
If you don't like the 6i, sell them in the buy/sell section. You can always get the Shure E2C otherwise.

May 1, 2006 at 8:21 PM Post #5 of 20
Even with the volume control the im716 is still said to sound better.

The ER-6i, IIRC, has not insignificant cable noise itself.

Also the ER-4P sticks out of the ears somewhat, that doesn't mean you would take the ER-6i over the ER-4P.

May 1, 2006 at 8:33 PM Post #6 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by FaBoLoUsRmX
I did tons of reaserch, before i got them i was on the forum for an hour.

That's less time than I spend browsing through here a day
eek.gif

The ER-6i's are one of the most low profile IEMs. They have some microphonics, though, as people have stated.

May 1, 2006 at 8:44 PM Post #7 of 20
yea two main questions are how much sound quality am i gaining with the iM716? and How far do they stick out of the ear? (it looks to be more then the er6i)

May 1, 2006 at 9:09 PM Post #9 of 20
Yep thanks people i decided to go with the er6i, i went BACK to ilounge.com and looked at impressions and im happy.
etysmile.gif

May 2, 2006 at 2:02 PM Post #11 of 20
Fabolousrmx - there is absolutely no reason to return your Ety er-6i. Comments re both microphonics and bass quantity have as much to do with seal and tip/material design as with the iem's themselves. The er-6i provide a slightly bright sound with nearly the best possible details. Bass - they natively provide aprox. 12% beyond neutral in the bass region. If you use foamies, they clearly provide more bass than a sane person could want (or you could get a decent amp where the er-6i's can show you their capabilities without resorting to any bassboost jumpers, or equalizing)....re microphonics - experiment with the different tips and witness the differences in microphonics. Those providing (w/good sealing) the least isolation tend to produce the most microphonics, and those providing the most isolation tend to produce the least systemetic noise.
Personally, my choice is obviously er-6i for universal fit iem's......beyond those, it is expeditious to go immediately to the best (IMO) custom fit - Sensaphonics.
So move up to less is an exercise in spinning your wheels.

May 2, 2006 at 3:39 PM Post #12 of 20
The 6i's are great little IEM's. I use the 6's, which have less bass than the i's, and am quite happy. Regarding microphonics, with properly inserted foamies and the cords looped behind your ears, they are not an issue. I use my 6's on the treadmill all the time, no problem. Next time, get 'em on ebay for less - I bought two pair there. Plenty of trustworthy resellers with high ratings with the 6's and the 6i's in stock.

May 2, 2006 at 3:59 PM Post #13 of 20
slightly off topic, but since the original topic seems to be cleared up:
if given the choice between the UM1's and the 6i's what would you go for. Or any in ear for around 100 for that matter.
-greg

May 2, 2006 at 4:20 PM Post #14 of 20
I'd stick with the er-6i and not the UM1. The 6i will give you detail and good musicality........UM1.......lack of detail, some would say mud. They (6i) are the champs of this price category and with amping they are surprisingly better......they scale upwards very well.

May 2, 2006 at 4:21 PM Post #15 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by phergus_25
slightly off topic, but since the original topic seems to be cleared up:
if given the choice between the UM1's and the 6i's what would you go for. Or any in ear for around 100 for that matter.
-greg

UM1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back