I just beat FF 3 on the DS!
Aug 7, 2008 at 1:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

nylan8301

1000+ Head-Fier
Holy crap, was that game hard!

I have never had such an amazing "end-boss" moment as I had at the end of FF3. I just wanted to share the experience with all of you.

To prep this story, I had a team of Dragoon, Ninja, Thief, and Sage. All characters were lvl 61 and their job lvls were 99 (max).

So, round after round of attacking the boss, I have only one character left: my Sage. The Sage has one 8th lvl spell left, so I decide to cast 'Arise' and bring my Ninja back to life. At this stage, my Sage dies. I have two choices: bring the Sage back with a phoenix down (hoping that he survives long enough to heal both characters), or I can throw a shuriken with my Ninja and hope that a 9999 point attack will drop the boss.

I throw the shuriken...I do 9999 damage...AND THE BOSS FALLS!

I literally jumped up out of chair and yelled, "YES!"

It was great.

Nylan

Aug 7, 2008 at 1:49 AM Post #2 of 20
In high school, I scored four touchdowns in one game.

Aug 7, 2008 at 1:54 AM Post #3 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In high school, I scored four touchdowns in one game.

That's actually pretty impressive. It must have been a pretty cool moment for you in high school.

Nylan

Aug 7, 2008 at 1:56 AM Post #4 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by nylan8301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's actually pretty impressive. It must have been a pretty cool moment for you in high school.

Nylan

I believe he was playing madden.

Aug 7, 2008 at 4:00 AM Post #8 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by malldian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This thread was killed from the start..

Would you have preferred a play-by-play?

"Then I used Magic Missile... "

ph34r.gif

Aug 7, 2008 at 6:54 AM Post #11 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by rockin_amigo14 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
was the game actually playable on a handheld? i've been deliberating a DS for so long now and still not sure what to do.

Final Fantasy actually got it start on a handheld, the original monochromatic GameBoy.

Sheesh. August. So boring.......
triportsad.gif

Aug 7, 2008 at 7:31 AM Post #12 of 20
Ruby Weapon pwns all

Aug 7, 2008 at 1:41 PM Post #13 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I believe he was playing madden.

Woah, don't ask, don't tell, what happened between Kirosia and John, well, it needs to stay between John and his therapist...
eek.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 7, 2008 at 2:14 PM Post #14 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by rockin_amigo14 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
was the game actually playable on a handheld? i've been deliberating a DS for so long now and still not sure what to do.

It's playable, but the end did take about three hours to beat (you have about four bosses before you get to last boss...you can always quicksave and come back to it later).

Personally I like the story in FF4 more, but it was neat to play the first FF with a full job system. Not quite as perfect as FF5, but it was a start.

[EDIT] If you're refering to whether or not the DS is playable in general; yes, it is. As a matter of fact, Tetris DS is probably the best incarnation of Tetris ever devised by man. There is a slew of other great titles as well. Heck, it even has it's own Zelda now. More than worth the buy.

Nylan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back