I invented a new food.
Apr 8, 2009 at 12:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 46

Headphoneus Supremus
It's meat nachos. Essentially you take some decent-sized pieces of meat (I have been using cooked ground beef currently... doesn't matter if it's a ball or patty) and place them on a plate. I have been using 3-5 roughly egg-shaped (in mass not actual shape) units of aforementioned beef. Lay them out evenly on the plate. Then put a piece of cheese on each. NO, not a slice of cheese. You want to cut a chunk of cheese from a block -- you know the big ones you can get from your supermarket, ideally a pound or larger because those are just way cooler. Anyway so you cut off these chunks of cheese, roughly one inch across and half inch thick, and you place one (1) on each piece of meat. Microwave for 45-60 seconds depending on the power of your microwave. Remove from microwave, let cool and enjoy.

Now, I call these Machos. The name is two-fold. First, it's a joining of "Meat" and "Nachos". Second, this is a food for real men and something that real men will love. Women can eat them but it's really a man-food if you think about it.

So there you have it. I have been enjoying Machos lately. For the record i'm using "normal" ground beef (none of that Extra Lean crap), cooked about medium-rare, and Medium Cheddar from Tillamook. Let me know if you think of any cool combos to try! I'm thinking something like dark turkey meat and strong Swiss would be good. Maybe deli Salami and Gouda.

Try it out today and you will agree that Machos > Nachos.
biggrin.gif

Apr 8, 2009 at 12:20 AM Post #2 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sduibek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's meat nachos. Essentially you take some decent-sized pieces of meat (I have been using cooked ground beef currently... doesn't matter if it's a ball or patty) and place them on a plate. I have been using 3-5 roughly egg-shaped (in mass not actual shape) units of aforementioned beef. Lay them out evenly on the plate. Then put a piece of cheese on each. NO, not a slice of cheese. You want to cut a chunk of cheese from a block -- you know the big ones you can get from your supermarket, ideally a pound or larger because those are just way cooler. Anyway so you cut off these chunks of cheese, roughly one inch across and half inch thick, and you place one (1) on each piece of meat. Microwave for 45-60 seconds depending on the power of your microwave. Remove from microwave, let cool and enjoy.

Now, I call these Machos. The name is two-fold. First, it's a joining of "Meat" and "Nachos". Second, this is a food for real men and something that real men will love. Women can eat them but it's really a man-food if you think about it.

So there you have it. I have been enjoying Machos lately. For the record i'm using "normal" ground beef (none of that Extra Lean crap), cooked about medium-rare, and Medium Cheddar from Tillamook. Let me know if you think of any cool combos to try! I'm thinking something like dark turkey meat and strong Swiss would be good. Maybe deli Salami and Gouda.

Try it out today and you will agree that Machos > Nachos.
biggrin.gif

What, no jalapenos?

Apr 8, 2009 at 12:35 AM Post #6 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What we need is a video of Patrick82 cooking and eating these.

... off redshifter's bare chest

Apr 8, 2009 at 12:42 AM Post #7 of 46
...and with ers paper substituting nachos and the Judge as chopsticks. You never said where nachos come into place. I'm guessing the bottom.

@beerguy0
pfft, jalepenos are for weenies. Habeneros ftw!

Apr 8, 2009 at 12:52 AM Post #8 of 46
At least some hot sauce or chili powder in the beef itself. Maybe onion powder?

Here is an idea, why not encase the cheese with the meat?
That way they could be Man-Balls or Malls. Wait, missed something there.

At any rate, beef should never be microwaved IMO.

Apr 8, 2009 at 1:19 AM Post #9 of 46
how about fuse that idea with this one?
bacon-and-cheese-roll.jpg

Apr 8, 2009 at 1:26 AM Post #10 of 46
The bacon roll is amazing, but machos sound like a typical guy-who-can't-cook food. Does the beef even get crispy in the microwave? I've defrosted a hunk of ground beef too long and all it ever turned into was disgusting mush.

Apr 8, 2009 at 1:27 AM Post #11 of 46
Oh

My

Goodness.

That looks delicious.
I now know what I want for breakfast.

Apr 8, 2009 at 1:36 AM Post #12 of 46
only a man could put that into his mouth. i love it.

Apr 8, 2009 at 1:40 AM Post #13 of 46
Steggy, you win. That looks so good, but so bad at the same time! It's a heartattack that's almost worth it! The only thing that could make it better is if it was stuffed with moar bacon!

Apr 8, 2009 at 1:56 AM Post #14 of 46
I'm pretty sure it'd be easier to just shoot myself in the stomach than eat that. (looks tasty though)

Apr 8, 2009 at 1:56 AM Post #15 of 46
people have wrapped that around a sausage log. but that's sometimes a hit or miss with me. mini frozen sausage patties though = amazing.

if you guys want to be amazed and disgusted at the same time, go to this site.
www.thisiswhyyourefat.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back