I Haven't Finished My Christmas Shopping...Anyone Else?
Dec 24, 2007 at 6:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

nickknutson

Headphoneus Supremus
So, it's 12:15PM on Christmas Eve and I haven't even finished my shopping...specifically for my wife. I do have a valid excuse being that I recently had surgery and am on pain meds that strongly suggest I shouldn't drive...I get a little tipsy while on them
eek.gif
So, I've decided to not take my pain meds today and bear the excrutiating pain so I can get her present. My deadline is 6pm...that's when she's going to be getting home from work
eek.gif

Does anyone else have Christmas shopping left to do today?

Dec 24, 2007 at 6:25 PM Post #2 of 14
give her the pills, or better yet, take a bunch right before you open gifts, and she realizes that you didnt get her any

Dec 24, 2007 at 6:57 PM Post #3 of 14
I won't be done until a couple days after, so you're certainly in good shape!
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 24, 2007 at 7:33 PM Post #5 of 14
that's dedication nick, your wife better make sure she appreciates it lol..

as for me, well, i only had to buy one present (lucky me, or unlucky depending on how you want to look at it).. so (pardon the following pun).. my christmas is all wrapped up..

Dec 24, 2007 at 8:25 PM Post #8 of 14
Was done over 3 weeks ago. Brown Santa brought me all the gifts I purchased. I don't think I've actually gone to a brick and mortar store to do Christmas shopping in the last 5 years. In this day and age, I am shocked that people still physically go to stores to do Christmas shopping, when they can get the same items, delivered directly to their door at a significant discount, and without paying tax, and often times without paying shipping fees. Internet shopping FTW.

Of coarse there are those people who actually enjoy going out and shopping. But for me, it is one of my worst nightmares so I will stick with the internet, thank you very much.

Dec 25, 2007 at 12:34 AM Post #11 of 14
I can still order something online and get it on time right?

How much for one hour shipping?

Dec 25, 2007 at 3:12 AM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by sacd lover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank God for gift cards!
biggrin.gif

Indeed, a perennial favorite for people you have no idea what to get. I picked up a number of Starbucks gift cards this year (which came in a snazzy red mitten BTW!), replacing the box of Godiva chocolates as the generic gift. Who doesn't love overpriced coffee?

Hope you guys are done your shopping BTW, I'd imagine most places are closed by now.

Dec 25, 2007 at 4:51 AM Post #13 of 14
Just finished 50 minutes ago as it's now 6:50 p.m. All the malls closed their doors at 6 p.m. sharp and I was there picking up a last minute grab bag and some gift wrap for a Christmas party I'm attending tomorrow.

Dec 25, 2007 at 8:19 AM Post #14 of 14
All done!
Bought the last ones on Sunday though, so its a close call...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back