I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream
Sep 22, 2009 at 12:47 PM Post #16 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyface /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i opened this thread with the expectation that we were going to have a chat about Harlan Ellison's famous short story
frown.gif

anyway the answer to your question is: this is the internet.
frown.gif

I'm worse. I thought it was about the video game.
frown.gif

Sep 22, 2009 at 1:25 PM Post #17 of 24
great game as far as darkly themed point and click adventures go but you really should read the story too you know
frown.gif

i'm sure that in a few years EA will remake it as a hand-holding, LiveAchievements-laden first-person-shooter, a la Fallout 3
frown.gif

and will use the word "epic" repeatedly in all promotional materials
frown.gif
or failing that the word "immersion"
frown.gif

i think i liked ted's section of the game best but benny's was great too
frown.gif
overall though i wish it had been a bit longer
frown.gif

oh and
frown.gif

Sep 22, 2009 at 2:01 PM Post #18 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyface /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i opened this thread with the expectation that we were going to have a chat about Harlan Ellison's famous short story
frown.gif

x2

Sep 22, 2009 at 3:13 PM Post #19 of 24
No mouth here either, but luckily I do not have to scream. Writing is enough...
tongue.gif

Sep 22, 2009 at 3:40 PM Post #20 of 24
Wow, catachresis. You win.

Sep 22, 2009 at 8:31 PM Post #21 of 24
How many times have we seen this? Someone starts a thread and (so far on this one) never gets back to it. What gives?

Sep 22, 2009 at 9:08 PM Post #22 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by roadtonowhere08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I must confess, whenever I read one of catachresis' more lighthearted posts, I see a little bit of scrypt in him. The nonsensical wandering and palpable imagery is uncanny.

My thoughts exactly!

Sep 22, 2009 at 9:51 PM Post #23 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazarus Short /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How many times have we seen this? Someone starts a thread and (so far on this one) never gets back to it. What gives?

It has been less than 24 hours, I would hardly consider this to fall under the "never" category. Please do not think that I have forgotten or am aloof. I purposefully leave threads to gather interest before I resume posting in them. Too often I find that frequent posting from an OP detracts from the discussion.

Sep 22, 2009 at 9:58 PM Post #24 of 24
Posters jump into a thread at page 3 and read through the last, say page 5. They believe they understand the thread. What they don’t know is that Pages 3-5 have nothing to do with the OP’s question/statement/complaint. ALWAYS GO BACK AND READ THE OP. You’ll look smarter if you decide to post.

As to your first observation, this is the Internet. Some people are very positive that what they believe is the only acceptable view. (E.G. their first quality audio headphones are the best in the world and can’t be surpassed). They aren’t bullies, they have simply never allowed themselves to believe other people see/hear it differently, let alone think someone else my be right or have a more valid opinion.

So be it. Help the uninformed, gently question those who are absolute in their statements and ignore the bullies.

Head-Fi is a wonderful community, enjoy it, don’t let it frustrate you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back