I have lame friends
Aug 1, 2008 at 3:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

Marl

100+ Head-Fier
So I live in Indianapolis, and I want to go to Lollapalooza. I've been yearning to go to concerts all summer. Everyone has turned me down (cost, doesn't like music, blah blah). All I want is one person to go with to a two day long freaking music festival. Is that so incredibly difficult to find?

So now I'm thinking about just going up by myself and staying with some people I barely know though a friend who refuses to go.

Should I?
mad.gif

If I don't go I am buying new phones as a consolation present for myself.

Does anyone else have similar problems with musically deficient friends?

Aug 1, 2008 at 3:56 AM Post #2 of 27
Hear that...
My friend told me about some artist here in Israel and he wanted me to listen to his music so we could go to his concert yesterday.
I really liked him and was looking forward to going to his concert, but then he said he doesn't want to, cuz he was tired or something :S
It was a 10 minute drive from our house and it cost 15$ :X

Anyways, my dad saw that I was bumbed so he said we'd go to the Joe Cocker show on the 26th August :p
WOOHOO!!!

BTW, the artist I wanted to go to is Asaf Avidan, check his music at youtube.
His best hit: YouTube - Asaf Avidan & The Mojos - Hangwoman

Aug 1, 2008 at 4:02 AM Post #3 of 27
I have awesome friends, we drink and go to concerts and start mosh pit fights.

Aug 1, 2008 at 10:15 AM Post #5 of 27
I'm leaving today for a 3 week vacation. I'll be going to 2 festivals, one is 5 days long the other only 2! I love festivals as you get to see lots of concerts, you can do lots of fun stuff and spend time with many friends!

Not having people to go with sound like crap!

Aug 1, 2008 at 10:38 AM Post #6 of 27
Sounds like its time to find some new friends. With interests closer to your own...

Aug 1, 2008 at 12:15 PM Post #7 of 27
Just go alone or with the friends of a friend. You won't regret it. Going solo isn't as bad as it sounds - you can properly freak out without fear of ridicule by your (clearly less musically obsessed) friends. And going with the "strangers" sounds more like an opportunity to make new friends, and concert-going ones, at that!

[EDIT] And for the record, treating yourself to headphones as a "consolation prize" is never a bad idea, but do bear in mind that they may provide years of music, but they'll never replace the experience and a potential lifetime of memories. Go live or go home!
biggrin.gif

Aug 1, 2008 at 9:42 PM Post #8 of 27
Stay home and buy new headphones!!!
biggrin.gif

Aug 1, 2008 at 10:51 PM Post #9 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Stay home and buy new headphones!!!
biggrin.gif

That will just make him a loner, that's not helping his social life at all.

Aug 2, 2008 at 3:21 AM Post #11 of 27
I just bought tickets for 2 concerts that I'm going to alone. They single concerts, not festivals, but I'm enough of an introvert to go to a festival alone as well.

Aug 2, 2008 at 3:23 AM Post #12 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by m11a1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That will just make him a loner, that's not helping his social life at all.

Youre missing the point......He will have headphones!!!!!
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Aug 2, 2008 at 3:26 AM Post #13 of 27
I have OK friends, but still end up going to tons of concerts alone. Frequently I even prefer going alone as I can have a more intimate experience with the music without "distraction" of socializing or putting up with a friend who just sort of likes a band I love or vice versa.

I have been to some great shows with friends and some great shows solo. Don't miss the festival just because of lazy friends.

and post some impressions/pictures when you get back!

Aug 2, 2008 at 3:29 AM Post #14 of 27
I have a hard time interacting with new people so going with close friends is a must. I've been to a couple concerts by myself and it's pretty depressing. But if you are an extroverted, outgoing kind of guy I suggest you go with your friend's friends.

Aug 2, 2008 at 6:31 PM Post #15 of 27
Best thing to do is ask all the friends and coworkers you can think of, and hopefully one or two might be up for joining you, and if not, there's nothing wrong with going on your own. Don't hold yourself back just because your close friends don't want to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back