i have hd 203 i want to upgrade
Nov 8, 2013 at 12:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

sagar khichi

New Head-Fier

hi, i am using hd 203 from over one year and i was satisfied with quality of sound everything like bass sound quality sound separation.one day my friend come to me and introduced me his head gears and i felt like wow with his hd 485 , hd 239 and hd 518 then i got to understand all i am missing was sound stage and depth in my songs so i have decided to upgrade my head gears i have chosen hd 439 as my budget is around 95$ so please help me to choose the best as i love bass too..with sound stage..

Nov 8, 2013 at 2:18 AM Post #2 of 8

hi, i am using hd 203 from over one year and i was satisfied with quality of sound everything like bass sound quality sound separation.one day my friend come to me and introduced me his head gears and i felt like wow with his hd 485 , hd 239 and hd 518 then i got to understand all i am missing was sound stage and depth in my songs so i have decided to upgrade my head gears i have chosen hd 439 as my budget is around 95$ so please help me to choose the best as i love bass too..with sound stage..

The HD439 have an amazing soundstage to be a closed can. If you love bass do the bass mod to the HD439, recommended.

Nov 8, 2013 at 9:57 AM Post #3 of 8
thanx jaun for your suggestion i have bought hd 439 today i am using it with my phone s2 and my sony player but i am not getting the desired output from the cans as my hd 203 performs realy well on it but hd 439 are really sounding low please help me to get best out of hd 439 thanx

Nov 8, 2013 at 10:53 AM Post #4 of 8
  thanx jaun for your suggestion i have bought hd 439 today i am using it with my phone s2 and my sony player but i am not getting the desired output from the cans as my hd 203 performs realy well on it but hd 439 are really sounding low please help me to get best out of hd 439 thanx

Sounding low? You mean low volume? If is the problem, buy a headphone amplifier, like FiiO e6

Nov 8, 2013 at 12:21 PM Post #5 of 8
the sounding is low and i am not getting that great sound as i am getting in my hd 203. does it require proper burning? and how much time it would take .will fiio e6 improve the quality of sound or just amplifies the sound.??

Nov 8, 2013 at 1:35 PM Post #7 of 8
  the sounding is low and i am not getting that great sound as i am getting in my hd 203. does it require proper burning? and how much time it would take .will fiio e6 improve the quality of sound or just amplifies the sound.??

Maybe you miss the bass in the HD203 i think. The Hd 439 have good bass but not elevated bass. The sound signature of HD439 is relaxed but you can do the bass mod. A FiiO E06 is powerful enough, but a e07k is ideal. I had a HD203 and for me, buy the hd439 was a major upgrade, the refinement, the detail, vocals and mids. However like i said before you can do the bass mod.  Here is a link.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/566674/sennheiser-hd4x8-modification-for-newbies

Users who are viewing this thread

Back