I have been accused of scamming!
Feb 24, 2012 at 5:13 PM Post #16 of 50

Quote:
As said earlier. I only ship with full tracking and insurance. I hardly ever ship international anymore, and not at all if they don't have at least some good feedback. I also have completely stopped using USPS. It costs more to use FedEx, but they're so much more reliable (IME).

thanks for the info :D for cheaper smaller things i would use USPS 

but like u said. full tracking and insurance. i prefer UPS but that's just per person. UPS is better in my area. as in better service, support, proximity and what not

Feb 24, 2012 at 5:42 PM Post #18 of 50
Alot of the world comprises of idiots, also everyones expectations are different. If the pictures you posted were blurry, or you did not mention the item had cosmetic damage when you sold it, then you are in the wrong as item was not as described. If the item suffered damage in transit, then it depends on if the buyer asked for insurance or not, and if you made sure to say that you took no responsibility for transit damage/issues. If i was in your situation, i would say the item was clearly stated as second hand , and it was not new, so you must expect some wear and tear which may also comprise of cosmetic damage. However if the item is in 100% mechanical usability then you have no obligation to the buyer.

Feb 25, 2012 at 11:53 AM Post #19 of 50
Thanks guys, he asked for the full claim. What man, drivers everything is working the case is ok. It's just tiny imperfection and he is asking for the FULL AMOUNT. Sorry to announce this, I am going MIA. I update you guys more. Thanks for the support.

Feb 25, 2012 at 2:12 PM Post #20 of 50
Hope you win, worst case scenario as someone above stated, he gets refund and keeps phones

Feb 25, 2012 at 4:35 PM Post #21 of 50
Good luck, man.

What MorbidToaster has been saying about Paypal only caring about buyers is 100% true. It started when they were bought by eBay. I used to sell a ton of stuff on eBay* until I started noticing their screwed up way of treating sellers in regards to claims. Sellers have tried banding together and petitioning and attempting boycotts but it has been useless.

*made 5k off that MTGO game

Feb 28, 2012 at 8:25 AM Post #24 of 50

Quote:
IT seems everyone here had problems with selling

how DO YOU AVOID it? what do you guys do now differntly so you cant be held respeonsible?

Never ship USPS unless you are willing to take a complete loss. UPS and FedEx only. If an international buy will not accept that, don't sell it. How many even realize this PayPal regulation exists to qualify for seller's protection:

[size=9pt] For payments over $250 USD (or local currency equivalent, including shipping and tax), be sure that you have signature confirmation of delivery in addition to proof of shipment (See above). If a buyer files a claim, you must respond to our requests for information as outlined in our communications to you.
[/size]

Never lie on a Customs form. If an item is worth $600 and a person claims on a customs form the item is only worth $25, how can a person logically insure the item for $600. If asked to devalue an item on a custom from, don't sell ----- or do not accept PayPal, offer no insurance, and make the buyer aware that he will be responsible for a lost or damaged item. If they do no accept that, don't sell. 

For large sales ask the buyer for a cell number. If they do not give you one, don't sell. 

To reiterate some of the people above: PayPal is not you mommy. They do not give a poop about you. PayPal WILL NOT protect you in every instance and they are heavily biased toward the buyer. 

International sellers read this:

11.3 Eligibility Requirements.

To be eligible for PayPal Seller protection, you must meet all of the basic requirements listed below under (a) Basic Requirements. To be covered for Item Not Received protection, you must meet both the Basic Requirements and the Item Not Received Additional Requirements listed below under (b). To be covered for Unauthorized Transaction protection, you must meet both the Basic Requirements and the Unauthorized Transactions Additional Requirements listed below under (c).

• Basic Requirements:
    1. You must ship the item to the shipping address on the Transaction Details Page.
    2. You must respond to PayPal's requests for documentation and other information in a timely manner.
    3. The item must be a physical, tangible good that can be shipped.
    4. Your primary residence, as listed in your Account, must be in the United States.

International sellers are all **** out of luck with PayPal. 

Mar 3, 2012 at 7:31 PM Post #27 of 50
Witness protection kind of stuff, man. Like Thailand, the Bahamas, or even worse, a small town in Oregon!

Mar 3, 2012 at 9:14 PM Post #28 of 50
[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ny4a-oxOndo[/VIDEO]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back