I have 300$, need a Dap. Recommend
Feb 10, 2020 at 3:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

floydfanx6

Head-Fier
I really need a new dap and have been reading a lot . For me sound quality is most important, eq ability blue tooth are secondary.
I have been recommend the cowon Plenue D I cannot get over the 128 gb card limit . I’m considering . Hibys, cowons, Sony’s, fiios. Please chime in !! Bells and whistles are ok But sq...

Feb 10, 2020 at 7:10 PM Post #3 of 23
I’m usually driving iem ( kanas pro,
Shozy form) and headphones of medium independene. I tend to like a darker signature with well extended highs and fantastic micro detail . Doesn’t have to be a wide stage. Yeah I want everything ..which is why a good eq is needed . Would Love to hear recs

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2020 at 11:02 PM Post #5 of 23
I think that the Cayin N5iis sounds like it could be up your alley. It has a few bells and whistles, but you can put it in audio priority mode. MusicTeck had them for like 350, but I'm not seeing it now. The Cayin N5ii could work as well. Definitely fits your sound signature. Everything I've read suggests that the Cowen D2 offers the best sound quality for 300 bucks. Good luck

Feb 11, 2020 at 11:37 PM Post #7 of 23
Yes I would grab the cowon but the 128 gb card limit is a very hard limitation to deal with and upsets me. How about the hibys ? I understand dark signature usually has non extending micro detail highs but I need that in the dap,at least with some eg

Feb 12, 2020 at 3:25 AM Post #9 of 23
The D2 has 64 gb of on board storage. The SD card has to be formatted in fat 32, which is pretty lame.

What's the issue with Fat32 formatting in this use-case?

Feb 12, 2020 at 8:31 AM Post #10 of 23
I love my new iBasso DX160, though brand new it costs $400. The SQ is incredible for the price range, but the bluetooth really sucks. Also, it will be hit or miss with WiFi, as some units are better than others....go figure

Feb 16, 2020 at 7:04 PM Post #12 of 23
I've been looking into the Xduoo X20 for a few days now. If you're cool with no touch screen - physical buttons only, it might be worth a look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back