I hate TV, but CHUCK is hilarious
Mar 7, 2009 at 8:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

cash68

1000+ Head-Fier
Anybody else a fan of Chuck? I almost never watch TV, ever. I'm typically a movie or videogame person, as most TV shows I've ever tried to watch have been corny, not really that funny, or "kind of" dramatic. The few exceptions are Dexter (best show I've ever seen), Sunny in Philadelphia (hilarious), and that's basically it. Anyway, I started watching Chuck's first season last year, and it really grew on me. Yeah, sometimes the writing was bad, the effects aren't great, but the whole concept of the normal 'geek' type guy doing all this spy stuff is a pretty compelling combination. It kind of reminds me of Half Life, actually. The normal scientist guy who must do extraordinary things. The references in the show are pure gravy too, I mean, they reference old videogame characters like the flying worms from Quake 1, doom, zork, and other random bits of videogame history. The second season has been awesome. The episode where Jeff is a videogame pro, oh man... it was like straight out of Kings of Kong (awesome documentary).

Anyway. No real point to this thread, other than if you haven't checked out this show, try it. If you can get over some of it's shortcomings, it's well worth it. I haven't enjoyed "simple" tv for a long time.

Mar 7, 2009 at 8:47 PM Post #3 of 28
Yes, it is hilarious...tedious at times but real funny.

Mar 7, 2009 at 9:19 PM Post #5 of 28
I enjoy it, but the storyline has become somewhat repetitive. The writers need to add a bit of variety. I'm guessing the writers are afraid of loosing key tension that exists between Chuck and the unavailable Sarah Walker. For once I'd like for him to get laid. Chuck has fallen to my 3rd favorite after Big Bang Theory and Burn Notice.

Mar 7, 2009 at 9:46 PM Post #7 of 28
For sure dude. The tension between them is getting annoying. He either needs to put it in her or ditch her like a parking ticket.

Mar 7, 2009 at 10:03 PM Post #8 of 28
My wife and I enjoy it. He does need to figure out what he is going to do with her. I think he needs another love interest
biggrin.gif
The tension between the two of them is getting old. They need to go on the road for an episode... Visit Paris or something to mix it up.

Mar 8, 2009 at 12:23 AM Post #10 of 28
Chuck is a pretty good show imo. Monday nights are the only nights I'll actually take time out of my schedule to watch tv. Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, Heroes, and Chuck are all shows that I enjoy quite a bit. Unfortunately, Chuck falls under the same time slot(s) as Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother, so I only watch it when the former 2 shows are re-runs. I don't have too much time to watch online either, so I'm not able to watch as many episodes of Chuck as I'd like. I suppose I'll have to catch up during the summer
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 8, 2009 at 3:00 AM Post #11 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaykay /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Chuck is a pretty good show imo. Monday nights are the only nights I'll actually take time out of my schedule to watch tv. Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, Heroes, and Chuck are all shows that I enjoy quite a bit. Unfortunately, Chuck falls under the same time slot(s) as Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother, so I only watch it when the former 2 shows are re-runs. I don't have too much time to watch online either, so I'm not able to watch as many episodes of Chuck as I'd like. I suppose I'll have to catch up during the summer
smily_headphones1.gif

gimme a 't', gimme an 'i' gimme a 'v' gimme an 'o'

what's that spell??

dvr!

Mar 8, 2009 at 3:00 AM Post #12 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cash68, you don't seem to understand the nature of an opinion.

You don't seem to understand the fact that prick has been baiting me for a long time now. I feel the car is 'quasi exotic'. If it were produced in more limited numbers, with a more potent powerplant, it would definitely be more exotic, but alas it is a reliable reasonably fast form of transportation. It'd be one thing if Subtle here said "well I don't think it's quasi exotic", but instead he acts like a typical internet a##hole and does everything in his power to discredit, harass, and mock my comment.

Basically, it isn't his opinions that bother me, it's the fact that he's a ******** prick.

Mar 8, 2009 at 3:03 AM Post #13 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
who cares, both cars are ugly, especially the trueno...just my opinion of course.

To keep it on topic, I used to watch Chuck. Gave it maybe 5 or 6 episodes then lost interest. I agree that Dexter is awesome though...

And having a difference of opinion is fine. I prefer cars that people either love or hate; it's the focus grouped boring vanilla mobiles that I can't stand. I value your different opinion, especially since you aren't a complete dick about it.

As for Chuck... well, look into catching up with it. The writing is much better than it used to be, it usually makes me laugh out loud a couple times per episode.

Mar 8, 2009 at 3:04 AM Post #14 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by fzman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
gimme a 't', gimme an 'i' gimme a 'v' gimme an 'o'

what's that spell??

dvr!

I can't stand TIVO and DVR and whatnot.

It takes all the fun out of watching TV. No longer can you look forward to getting home from school/work on a Wednesday night to watch Chuck since you can just watch it any time you want...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back